• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving away from London ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Get yourself on Escape to the Country, join the ranks of the succesful people on there. You'll feel right at home.
    FTFY.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You really are too stupid and ignorant for words. Look up what a 4bed detached in a prime area of London rents for during the Olympics, cretin.
      Why pay £28k for 3 weeks in London where just outside same can be had for 10 times less

Next month I should get my Olympics tickets - I take it you are not going?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Why pay £28k for 3 weeks in London where just outside same can be had for 10 times less

He's hot favourite to win gold in the
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Now now ladies! put your handbags away.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

The main flaw in your plan is that successful people don't move out to the country so that they can buy a cheaper house, they do it so they can get somewhere with more space and a bigger garden. If you sell a million pound house and downsize to something half the price you're going to end up in a terraced house or new build detached in some oik ridden commuter belt town.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Not everyone is a cheapskate like you. Some people have successful companies and £28K is nothing for them.
              HTH.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                The main flaw in your plan is that successful people don't move out to the country so that they can buy a cheaper house, they do it so they can get somewhere with more space and a bigger garden. If you sell a million pound house and downsize to something half the price you're going to end up in a terraced house or new build detached in some oik ridden commuter belt town.
                Budget is £750K. Should be Ok for Guildford, Godalming. Only got one sprog so don't need that much space.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Looking into this - the idea being to buy a similar sized property in the home counties, and taking into account the difference between premium London and other properties, this should free up a few hundred K in cash for BTL(s) to generate a regular income.
                  What sort of rental income could you generate nowadays for BTL(s) worth £400K? Anyone doing this?
                  A nice house in the home counties costs £5m to £10m.

E.g.

7 bedroom house for sale in Old Avenue, St George's Hill, Weybridge, Surrey , KT13

Your scummy house will be on some sink estate.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

E.g.

7 bedroom house for sale in Old Avenue, St George's Hill, Weybridge, Surrey , KT13

I think it's safe to say that this house is out of sasgru's price range.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

E.g.

Well not all of us have your high-earning HTML coding skills

I don't know, maybe I'm quite modest, but I'm happy I have the amount I have to spend with no mortgage.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X