• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving away from London ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    A nice house in the home counties costs £5m to £10m.

E.g.

7 bedroom house for sale in Old Avenue, St George's Hill, Weybridge, Surrey , KT13

Your scummy house will be on some sink estate.

Only a chav would think that place is tasteful.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Only a chav would think that place is tasteful.
      I think TOWIE is tasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I don't know, maybe I'm quite modest, but I'm happy I have the amount I have to spend with no mortgage.
        But would you want to leave Wandsworth?!?!

Surely if you need some cash you can just earn it in ze City using your superior skillz?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          But would you want to leave Wandsworth?!?!

Surely if you need some cash you can just earn it in ze City using your superior skillz?
          Course I could but I have enough money for my and my family needs.
          I want to pursue my other interests: a PhD in mathematics, taking up micro-light flying, sailing maybe.

The biggest regret men have when they die is that they worked too hard. Did you know that?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

The biggest regret men have when they die is that they worked too hard.
            You are not in danger of that though?

I want to pursue my other interests: a PhD in mathematics, taking up micro-light flying, sailing maybe.
            1) PhD in that subject can be done from anywhere if you have brains and a computer with internet connection
            2) micro-light flying - I am sure an hour of drive from London on your Aygo would have plenty of opportunities
            3) sailing - the Thames or you can try racing against Oxford and Cambridge folks.

Comment

1) PhD in that subject can be done from anywhere if you have brains and a computer with internet connection
              2) micro-light flying - I am sure an hour of drive from London on your Aygo would have plenty of opportunities
              3) sailing - the Thames or you can try racing against Oxford and Cambridge folks.
              Wandsworth is great for adults not for children.
              Let's get the boy into Guildford Grammar, if he has his father's brains, shouldn't be a problem.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

So that's the true reason why you'd like to move elsewhere?

Comment

The Thames is fairly tulipe for sailing. The south coast is much better.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    The Thames is fairly tulipe for sailing. The south coast is much better.
                    We are talking about sasguru here, not Popeye the Sailor.

Comment

Let's get the boy into Guildford Grammar, if he has his father's brains, shouldn't be a problem.
                      That's assuming they've got a vacancy for a janitor!
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X