• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your most pointless Flounce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricBartlett View Post
    On an ego trip?

Adapt and shrink?? WTF
    That was supposed to be "it" ...

Also just because you dont understand something, doesnt make it tedious bollocks.

The whole point behind adapting and shrinking is that the earth is already overpopulated. There are concerns by many, on how we will support a global expanding population. Even in our current stable climate, resources are limited and we are bursting at the seams. Conflicts over land and resources will continue to happen.

In the event of a major climate change, such as the ice caps melting and flooding low lying land or glaciers forcing human settlements south, the human race will have to dramatically adapt to those circumstances and it will have to shrink in size as less of the earth will be inhabitable.

Some argue we are mammals and have adapted in the past. However I disagree we will adapt as well as before in the future. Many skills including butchery for instance have shrunk or disappeared. Even asking modern western inhabitants to survive in the wild nowadays as opposed to a century ago is a far more arduous task.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
      That was supposed to be "it" ...

Also just because you dont understand something, doesnt make it tedious bollocks.

The whole point behind adapting and shrinking is that the earth is already overpopulated. There are concerns by many, on how we will support a global expanding population. Even in our current stable climate, resources are limited and we are bursting at the seams. Conflicts over land and resources will continue to happen.

In the event of a major climate change, such as the ice caps melting and flooding low lying land or glaciers forcing human settlements south, the human race will have to dramatically adapt to those circumstances and it will have to shrink in size as less of the earth will be inhabitable.

Some argue we are mammals and have adapted in the past. However I disagree we will adapt as well as before in the future. Many skills including butchery for instance have shrunk or disappeared. Even asking modern western inhabitants to survive in the wild nowadays as opposed to a century ago is a far more arduous task.
      I understand what you are saying.
      And it IS tedious bollocks.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Does anybody know how to take 'Started by KimberleyChris' OFF the header for this thread?

Why don't we just have a 'sticky' thread at the top for 'Ongoing Feuds'.

It could actually be fun...we could arrange duels, although I don't know how I would survive under the combined firepower of those fine debaters pjClarke and Dodgy .

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          Hmm. We learned butchery from nothing in the first place without dying out. I think the decades (at the very very least) of warning as things start to go wrong will give us time to learn such things.
          Or are you basing your predictions on a cross between Mad Max and The Day After Tomorrow?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Hmm. We learned butchery from nothing in the first place without dying out.

Exactly. Not exactly difficult to carve up meat is it?

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think the decades (at the very very least) of warning as things start to go wrong will give us time to learn such things.
            Or are you basing your predictions on a cross between Mad Max and The Day After Tomorrow?
            He is basing them on talking out of his arse without thinking it through. The bizarre rationale that runs through all of his posting history.
            A waste of oxygen.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

OK. I've run a tape measure round Kim, and my big manly chest plus moobs is bigger than her little girly chest plus hooters.

Which one of us gets banned?

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
                OK. I've run a tape measure round Kim, and my big manly chest plus moobs is bigger than her little girly chest plus hooters.

Which ever one keeps coming on and posting tripe.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Which ever one keeps coming on and posting tripe.
                  Should be the fella pretending to have a wife.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post

I am reasonably confident that nobody on the board is interested in your moobs, either the girlies or gricer, no matter how big.
                    But I am even more certain that a fairly large percentage would show more than a passing interest in Kims no matter how <ahem> small.

I could be wrong.....

Comment

Today 22:21

northernladuk
                      Godlike

This message is hidden because northernladuk is on your ignore list

View Post
                      Remove northernladuk from ignore list

View Post

Life is just a little bit sweeter tonight!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X