• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum Virus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    There was an iFram injected at the bottom of the page and it was pulling content from another site. I can only assume that it was the payload for a trojan.
    Wonder how that got in? vBulletin shouldn't let something like that through via a forum post etc.

Avast was blocking communication with:

http:// indikatorl DOT in / z / enukgb

Spaces added around the slashes... Feel free to have a poke about and see what it was doing but my priority is patching the forum right now so not got time to look myself.

Admin
    I'd love to, but I'm at ClientCo using Windows, so perhaps I'd better not

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      On my AVG free protected Vista/Firefox PC just visiting the forum home page caused Java runtime to kick into life in the system tray. Deleted FF temp files and updated Java from 6v24 to 6v30 and rebooted when I saw it.
      Quick scan is clear.
      Java runtime not fired up on my PC, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Hi All,

There was an iFram injected at the bottom of the page and it was pulling content from another site. I can only assume that it was the payload for a trojan.
      Ah - I've got adblock - maybe that's blocked the content. Anyone running ff with adblock seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Java runtime not fired up on my PC, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Ah - I've got adblock - maybe that's blocked the content. Anyone running ff with adblock seen it?
        I have adblock:-(

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Wonder how that got in? vBulletin shouldn't let something like that through via a forum post etc.
          Inside job? Doesn't one of the posters on here help admin with a bit of freelance work on the website?!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have adblock:-(
            Did you see the trojan?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Did you see the trojan?
              Only saw Java kicking off - didn't see anything amiss on the CUK forums home page

Comment

Only saw Java kicking off - didn't see anything amiss on the CUK forums home page
                Ah yep, sorry, lost track of who posted what!

Scan still running - nothing picked up yet...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Which post had the bad link Mal? (for edukshun purposes - we don't need to go back to it...)
                  No single post, it was any access to the main Forum page, and any move to another one, including the PMs and users. So whatever it was was at the top of the site.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Avast was blocking communication with:

http:// indikatorl DOT in / z / enukgb
                    Did Chrome users (or others) get automatic warning from the browser about it?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've just noticed that since browsing CUK this morning I've got a very swollen nob and itchy bollox?!?

Admins should do more to protect us vulnerable users.

Comment

Working...
                      X