• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't flatter yourselves.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Been meaning to raise this one for a while now...

There seems to be a prevailing attitude amongst some on here that they are somehow part of a wealthy elite that has risen above mere ordinary people. Clues to this are the smug over-exaggerated claims of wealth/income and attacking anyone who dares to criticise the real wealthy elite who have steered the economy onto the rocks and received massive rewards for/despite doing so.

Don't flatter yourselves!

Maybe some of you earn £50K or £100K per year, or even £150K per year (very few at that level), but even so, you're still a wage-slave. You would still be tulipting yourself if you were out of work for a couple of years. Don't kid yourself that you're in the same league as bankers, footballers, proper-entrepreneurs.

I used to be a contractor and rode the wave of the late 90's boom (Y2K + dot com), so I've seen what it's like to earn a fat contract rate. I didn't go out and waste my money on flash cars or get drunk on champagne like some were doing, and I never fooled myself into believing that I was rich.

Sorry to burst your bubble. You're not the wealthy elite. You're just a little bit better off than the average guy.
    A nice attempt at trolling, but don't flatter yourself, you're not KittyCat. Or maybe you are?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

....You would still be tulipting yourself if you were out of work for a couple of years. ....
      Nope I would liquify my assets.

Comment

There seems to be a prevailing attitude amongst some on here that they are somehow part of a wealthy elite that has risen above mere ordinary people. Clues to this are the smug over-exaggerated claims of wealth/income and attacking anyone who dares to criticise the real wealthy elite who have steered the economy onto the rocks and received massive rewards for/despite doing so.

Don't flatter yourselves!

Maybe some of you earn £50K or £100K per year, or even £150K per year (very few at that level), but even so, you're still a wage-slave. You would still be tulipting yourself if you were out of work for a couple of years. Don't kid yourself that you're in the same league as bankers, footballers, proper-entrepreneurs.

I used to be a contractor and rode the wave of the late 90's boom (Y2K + dot com), so I've seen what it's like to earn a fat contract rate. I didn't go out and waste my money on flash cars or get drunk on champagne like some were doing, and I never fooled myself into believing that I was rich.

Sorry to burst your bubble. You're not the wealthy elite. You're just a little bit better off than the average guy.
        Ah, RichardCranium lives.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Last seen outside the gents at Wetherspoons talking to Wilmslow...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Now living in Italy under the name Testa di Cazzo
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

I did most of that in the 90's and wasn't even a contractor...

So what did you do with all the money you were earning?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                I did most of that in the 90's and wasn't even a contractor...

So what did you do with all the money you were earning?
                Personally I spent my money on useful or enjoyable things like 2 houses and a 1967 Mustang. AFAIK my ex-wife still has them.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                  Personally I spent my money on useful or enjoyable things like 2 houses and a 1967 Mustang. AFAIK my ex-wife still has them.
                  Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                    wuold you rather have them all back or none of them back?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      PS. Not everything you read here happens in real life, just in case it hasn't dawned on you yet..
                      What happens at CUK should stay at CUK...

Comment

Working...
                      X