• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving mid contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Rapier ?
    De Nile?

Comment

Rapier ?
      Yeah, that too.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Good I miss your rapists wit.
        Thats a bit harsh
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Current client co is a long commute using car, terrible seat (outside managers office, screens exposed to the world), not places to eat or get a real coffee for miles. The work is also less than ideal.

To top that off I see other contractors working from home, so I asked same since I have a long commute. They said its against their policy? I have 1 months notice and want to leave.

Thoughts?
          Just leave. Dont add that job to your CV if anyone asks what you have been up to just say that you were working on your house or been looking after a sick relative etc....

Just make sure you have good references from other sources than your current client.

Comment

I have 1 months notice and want to leave.

Thoughts?
            Give 1 months notice and leave.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Had a look on JS and its a bit quiet for the location I would prefer. Will start taking from calls from agents then judge it from there.

Comment

Good I miss your rapists wit.
                Rapier ?
                Not nice. We don't talk about that. Troll was acquitted due to a lack of evidence & anyway a lot of people have rope, ducktape and chloroform in the back of their car.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Current client co is a long commute using car
                  You signed up for it
                  , terrible seat (outside managers office, screens exposed to the world),
                  So what unless you are on the net everyday, someone has to sit there, might as well be the ****wit contractor
                  not places to eat or get a real coffee for miles.
                  Take your own coffee/lunch in
                  The work is also less than ideal.
                  You invoice don't you

To top that off I see other contractors who negotiated a better package than me so I am crying about it. They said its against their policy?
                  FTFY
                  I have 1 months notice and want to leave.

Thoughts?
                  Yep.. Bedwetter

HTH
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    I have been firmly in the camp of completing the contract you signed.
                    I disagree. Alot of companies, especially banks, will just terminate mid contract. Of course you can get a bad reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Do you have the cash to sit on the bench for a while? If so hand your notice in and start looking.
                      Think this thread should have stopped at post 2 - says it all. If you can afford to leave and it's getting you down, then leave. If you can't, then workout your month whilst actively searching.

Worse case is can't afford to leave and no other offers, then no extension for being a whinging git.
                      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                      X