• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the biggest change the world has seen in your lifetime?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Maybe in the end that will be one of the biggest spurs to space exploration beyond the solar system - A wish to find some variety in nature elsewhere
    They should just vist CUK instead.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's got to be climate change. The seas are ten metres higher than when I were a lad, there are 2 billion climate refugees living in my street and 4 billion others have died.
      plus the flooding in east africa has caused a drought which threatens thousands.
      my cactus is shooting up though.

second, the internet. when i were 17, a computer was a ping pong machine that cost a shilling to play in the pub.

third, the fall of the soviet union. oh the constant fear of nuclear war

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The question again, blind git, is: What's the biggest change the world has seen in your lifetime?

Not you.
        A debatable rise in CO2 levels that has made negligible difference to the sort of life the species enjoy, aside from the punitive tax rises levied by various governments, is hardly all that earth shattering in terms of tangible ramifications.
        Unless of course your life is intolerably dull, as in your case apparently.
        Then again, you seem to get excited over what sauce adorns your schnitzel.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Surely it has to be the internet for everyone especially if for the internet you mean the Worldwide web.
          Showing your age By the time I reached my mid-teens the internet was easily accessible at home or school - granted using dial-up - and search engines already existed. So I am probably just in the boundary of those who grew up with the internet... it has drastically changed but in an incremental fashion.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What would you nominate, and roughly how old are you?
            And as a follow-up... what do you think the next generation will nominate, who take smartphones and Facebook for granted?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

what do you think the next generation will nominate
              Getting a job straight from school without having to learn Polish?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The question again, blind git, is: What's the biggest change the world has seen in your lifetime?

Not you.
                it's only gone up 20-30 ppm in the past 50 odd years
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

And as a follow-up... what do you think the next generation will nominate, who take smartphones and Facebook for granted?
                  If I knew that I would make a fortune, and I certainly wouldn't be telling everyone on here about it yet.

Comment

The British carp record.

Thanks to commercially-farmed bloaters, poor old Clarissa never stood a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      A debatable rise in CO2 levels that has made negligible difference to the sort of life the species enjoy, aside from the punitive tax rises levied by various governments, is hardly all that earth shattering in terms of tangible ramifications.
                      Unless of course your life is intolerably dull, as in your case apparently.
                      Then again, you seem to get excited over what sauce adorns your schnitzel.
                      OK 2nd attempt at linking the dots here for those of us that have overdosed on Daily wail and the cream teas of Devon.

To answer the question: What's the biggest change the world has seen in your lifetime?

The impact of the industrial revolution surely has to be the largest impact the world has seen in my lifetime. If not alone the impact of the effects are prevalent and identifiably to nearly every human being on the planet. Certainly it has assisted the growth of the human population. I don't think the same thing can be said of the internet despite the achievements to date.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X