• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Youngest ever MS certified professional is no more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youngest ever MS certified professional is no more

Arfa Karim Randhawa: Microsoft's youngest professional dies aged 16 | Mail Online

She passed the exams when she was 9 in Pakistan but then this could easily be arranged. But giving her the benefit of doubt this looks like a sad loss of a prodigy.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Pity, also shame Bill Gates did not take her out to work for Microsoft in US

Comment

A non story. Clever 9 year old passes exams and then dies at 16. what is 'prodigy' about this. Any idiot can be trained to pass an exam?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        A non story. Clever 9 year old passes exams and then dies at 16. what is 'prodigy' about this. Any idiot can be trained to pass an exam?
        Have you passed any?

Comment

After being given the certification, Karim was subsequently invited to visit Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington, by the conmpany's founder Bill Gates.

Read more: Arfa Karim Randhawa: Microsoft's youngest professional dies aged 16 | Mail Online
          I guess they aint using MS Word spell checker!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hope she was pleased she spent her life coding instead of being out with her mates having fun.....

Comment

Try training your 9-year-old to pass A-level maths. I suppose it would only take you about 8 years.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I hope she was pleased she spent her life coding instead of being out with her mates having fun.....
              Why not - many people enjoy coding just as others enjoy music or reading or sport or carpentry or painting or ...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Try training your 9-year-old to pass A-level maths. I suppose it would only take you about 8 years.

Why not - many people enjoy coding just as others enjoy music or reading or sport or carpentry or painting or ...
                Actually DD1 is 5 and apart from being able to count to any number she chooses she can also do basic algebra / fractions / long multiplication. That's because I have a degree in Maths and enjoy doing it with her. Her spelling is crap though!

DS1 who is 2 is also very perceptive. I let him read some of you CUK posts and he pointed at the screen and said 'Stupid'.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Actually DD1 is 5 and apart from being able to count to any number she chooses she can also do basic algebra / fractions / long multiplication.
                  Well she's not even up to GCSE standard. What a let-down.

Why 'DD'?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Well she's not even up to GCSE standard. What a let-down.

Why 'DD'?
                    Dear Daughter

it's a mumsnetism
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X