• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afternoon tea in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not take her up the Oxo Tower?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

For afternoon tea, Fortnum and Mason is supposed to be very good (and comparatively reasonably priced).

For a caff, second the suggestion above for the Regency.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        It seems The Ritz is already booked up for 2 months ahead, when we'll be in London for our anniversary. Are there any other swanky places we could go, that are worth the money?

Probably going to try and fit in one posh lunch/dinner too... went to 15 last time and would quite like to try Heston's new place, but there must be dozens of great places with Michelin stars and the like... recommendations for posh English/Indian places welcome.
        What's The Ivy like... pretentious or worth it?
        Afternoon tea is great fun. I went to the Waldorf but that was 15 years ago.

If someone wants to arrange a CUK afternoon tea, I could be up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          For afternoon tea, Fortnum and Mason is supposed to be very good (and comparatively reasonably priced).
          Yep I recommend Fortnum & Mason for tea followed by dinner at The Albemarle Restaurant (Browns Hotel)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They might be trying to tell you something
            I wouldn't be surprised!
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Why not take her up the Oxo Tower?
              KUATB

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Its always nice to go up the Oxo tower. fnar fnar
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Diana's Diner - their fried bread is awesome. It's not called an all-day breakfast for nothing, you know

EDIT: Good review on Russell Davies's egg, bacon, chips and beans blog:

Good call Nick, we went there on Saturday morning and it was pretty nice. Thanks!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Good call Nick, we went there on Saturday morning and it was pretty nice. Thanks!
                  Every time you look at the name you will think about me though.

Comment

Working...
                  X