• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afternoon tea in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritz is definetly the best. If it is booked then Mrs BP goes for Dim Sum in ChinaTown instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I've been to the Wolseley 3 or 4 times. The service is rubbish - I mean it, diabolical.

Le Gavroche is great value for lunch, in the evenings it's much more expensive but it's a tremendous restaurant. Last time I went there for dinner my wife's menu didn't have any prices on. When they delivered the food on silver platters they would announce it in French and a separate waiter would whisper in my ear what it was in English. You can't beat that.

My personal favourites are The Ivy, Le Caprice and Galvin la Chapelle (in The City). Also I like Magdalen at Tower Bridge, not very well known but superb food. I did so many restaurants in the 90's I just got bored with it. Now I like decent quality food, not ponced about with too much.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        How about lunch on the Thames?
        Its always nice to go up the Oxo tower. fnar fnar

Comment

Not been for years, but have been to "The Chop House" on Butlers Warf. Straight across the river from where you are staying. S&K pud with oysters is top stuff (and I dont like oysters).
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I come over all tourettes when ever I'm forced into such establishments. Something about the pretentious poncy snobby ***** you find in these places I just can't stand.

Was in one (though a country place, not central London, but expect they're much the same) last year for a funeral wake. High tea I think they called it. A cup of tea and a cake for something like £20 per head.

I was tempted to recreate that food fight Rihanna did on X Factor, but as it was an auntie's wake I didn't want the grief off my cousins.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Jamie Oliver's gaff Barbecoa in New Change.

Awesome steaks.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Diana's Diner - their fried bread is awesome. It's not called an all-day breakfast for nothing, you know
                I like "Simpson's on the Strand" for breakfast
                And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Has anyone been to the Savoy for afternoon tea since it reopened? Have managed to book a table in March but have some time to change it somewhere better if it's a bit tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
                    I like "Simpson's on the Strand" for breakfast
                    Ah, but does it have grubby lino and rickety furniture?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      I've been to the 3 or 4 times. The service is rubbish - I mean it, diabolical.

They might be trying to tell you something
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X