• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the experts: Which Tent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB
    Word on the street is you should get a caravan or a RV- both of which are VAT & tax deductible

The tent brigade (in the UK) tends to be drawn from the lower echelons of society and looked down upon by the others as somewhat the poor relations of outdoor life

Tents are fine if you're young, bit strapped for cash etc and can put up with the rigors but successful contractors should be used to more creature comforts)

just what I've heard & HIH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Morning All,

well one of the new years resolutions is.... when the weather gets better, MB01 will take MB03 and MB04 away at weekends for Saturday / Sunday camping trips with other dads and their children to give everyone's xy02's a break and of course to have some fun.

So question is, which tent ?

I started looking at this Khyam Igloo but got scared of stories about condensation from the poly whatever main sheet, and I'm also worried that being taller than Sas I may have trouble getting into the thing...

Khyam*Igloo (110042) from Somerset Camping

Then, using the old philosophy that you have to be rich to be able to afford to buy cheap,

I started thinking about spending a bit more for something more long term, with more space for the long term, something easier to get in and out of, and most importantly cotton sheets which as far as I understand won't get condensation so,
      I started looking at one of these more traditional beauties....

Nordisk Nando Bell Tent

so I am really leaning towards the Nordisk one, but, thought, before splashing out the hard earned, I should ask the experts first.

So folks, what to do and which is best ?

Milan.
      Your choice is OTT for price and none of those are suitable for family use.

You will need a minimum of sleeping quarters plus a cooking area.

Don’t buy until you see it erect.

Camping Equipment | Camping Accessories | Camping Furniture have large outdoor displays

OSWALD BAILEY large branches have indoor displays

When you buy, practice erecting in the garden first before you go camping..
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Buy a campervan.

Comment

nooooooooooo

it's just a tent for going away for saturday and coming back sunday

to go as a group of dads and children once a month or so during the summer time

i guess we'll be cooking on a fire, not in the uk and in central europe hence will be expecting glorious weather

so i guess something like this might be good enough...

Vango Midas 400 Moss Green (100044) from Somerset Camping 400 Moss Green

how's that ?

Milan.

Comment

nooooooooooo

it's just a tent for going away for saturday and coming back sunday

to go as a group of dads and children once a month or so during the summer time

i guess we'll be cooking on a fire, not in the uk and in central europe hence will be expecting glorious weather

so i guess something like this might be good enough...

Vango*Midas 400 Moss Green (100044) from Somerset Camping 400 Moss Green

how's that ?

Milan.
            Enrol your kids in the Scouts, sorted.

Comment

he he

happy new year Winston

anyway experts, what's the verdict, which tent ?

or alternatively, experts, which one of these should I get:

4 Man Tent - 4 Person Tent - 4 Berth Tents - Cheap 4 Man Tents

Milan.

Comment

he he

happy new year Winston

anyway experts, what's the verdict, which tent ?

or alternatively, experts, which one of these should I get:

4 Man Tent - 4 Person Tent - 4 Berth Tents - Cheap 4 Man Tents

Milan.
                Happy New Year to you too.

Ask the other Dads what they're using/intending to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Don’t buy until you see it erect.
                  Good advice for all types of camping.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

you have to be rich to be able to afford to buy cheap
                    In that case why not buy my old family tent so show how rich you are? It's in the attic somewhere and in great condition apart from smelling of old ladies. Everything stored in my attic smells of old ladies for some reason.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Buy a one man tent ( cost tenner ) and make the kids sleep on the grass. That way you will have a peaceful night's sleep and the kids will get tougher by braving the elements.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X