• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the experts: Which Tent ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    In that case why not buy my old family tent so show how rich you are? It's in the attic somewhere and in great condition apart from smelling of old ladies. Everything stored in my attic smells of old ladies for some reason.
    Oi, Norman! Shift your Mother out of the attic.

Comment

Get everybody thats going a swag.

They are awesome for a "great outdoorsy"experience.

Or, get everybody a lightweight hammock and a big tarp. Much more fun than tents.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

so i guess something like this might be good enough...

Vango*Midas 400 Moss Green (100044) from Somerset Camping 400 Moss Green

how's that ?
        Looks as if it will be quite simple to set-up, 4 poles and stretch out. 2 bedrooms and a living area. Ticks most of the boxes

As others have said best to see it erected

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Or, get everybody a lightweight hammock and a big tarp. Much more fun than tents.
          I've done that a few times. It saved on flight costs too as everything fitted into my carry-on sports bag.

You probably need some insulation for the base of a hammock and for that I bought a roll mat, of sorts, for about £1 in one of those cheap shops, which worked okay. And for tarp I used a shower curtain, again costing a pound or two.

Never did get used to sleeping in a hammock though.

Comment

I'd consider any tent with at least 4000 sq feet, 5 ensuite bedrooms, central heating, cinema room, and a telephone line with takeaways on speed dial, otherwise, I'm out.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Get everybody thats going a
              That's my preferred setup when it's just me. My hammock has a mozzie net sewn in too which makes it an even more enjoyable experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'd consider any tent with at least 4000 sq feet, 5 ensuite bedrooms, central heating, cinema room, and a telephone line with takeaways on speed dial, otherwise, I'm out.

HTH BIDI
                Staying at home sweet home might be your best option then.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Staying at home sweet home might be your best option then.
                  Or a really nice hotel or rent a private villa, which is my preferred option for holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Or a really nice hotel or rent a private villa, which is my preferred option for holidays.
                    You'd have to stay inside 24/7 to really enjoy that holiday luxury.

Too many times I've paid £100 just for a bed for a few hours. But no longer now that I own a £25 tent.

Comment

One tip for weekend camping is to buy a slow cooker and an inverter for the car. A slow cooker only uses about 80 watts. By the time you arrive and put the tent up, a hot meal is ready.

I have met couples who go camping and never cook. They are quite happy to go to restaurants, come back sloshed, kip in the tent and roll out to sunbathe on the beach.

These days there are some very good camping sites in the UK with indoor and outdoor pools, electric hook-up etc. Well worth it.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X