• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK doomed by size of debts thread..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes. Whatever one says about freedom of choice and all that crap, people need protecting from themselves.
    Exactly ......

If I wanted to go jumping out of a plane, with a plastic carrier bag as a parachute, Id expect the person leading the skydiving trip, to be knowledgeable enough to tell me Im crazy and to wear a proper parachute (or CUK people to dare me to do it ).

The same is to be said of making ass-hat financial decisions. You have the freedom to buy if you don't like renting. But some people really do need protecting from their own stupidity ..

Comment

So much for the theory about foreign firms being the problem:

Major British companies facing administration

Looks like the tax payer will be bailing them out.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        So much for the theory about foreign firms being the problem:

Major British companies facing administration

Looks like the tax payer will be bailing them out.
        I don't know what your point is, but carry on if you find it amusing.

Comment

It shows that the UK is highly exposed to a European downturn.
          Don't worry. The Euro will soon break up then we can get back to business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I don't know what your point is, but carry on if you find it amusing.
            ditto...

(or maybe the link didn't work)

but carry on with your head in the sand
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

ditto...

(or maybe the link didn't work)

but carry on with your head in the sand
              The link did work but, as Doggy noted, like most of the drivel you post on here it had absolutely nothing at all to do with the subject of the thread.
              You really are a janitor or something similar, aren't you? I can't see you doing a job that requires any intelligence at all.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                The link did work but, as Doggy noted, like most of the drivel you post on here it had absolutely nothing at all to do with the subject of the thread.
                You really are a janitor or something similar, aren't you? I can't see you doing a job that requires any intelligence at all.
                You would have to read beyond the first paragraph, which is a bit of a feat if you're as thick as pigsh*t, but just to spell it out, it points out the indebtedness of many leading British companies and I'm not sure whether you actually read the title of this thread (UK doomed by size of debts thread) ...comprendo?; in fact I think on reflection your post is probably in the wrong thread, because it seems to be totally out of context.

Have a nice day.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 January 2012, 17:33.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Over the pre-crisis decade, developments in the UK economy were driven by unsustainable levels of private sector debt and rising public sector debt. Indeed, it has been estimated that the UK became the most indebted country in the world.
                  The boom years of the UK economy from 1993 till 2008 were in fact its borrow years.
                  I don't pretend to understand all this but at least it is clear from that who is to blame.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So what's the genius economic master plan? Keep the charade going for another parliamentary term and then go bust big time?

I can't see us ever paying off those debts unless they flood us with immigrants and kick the can down the road forever. Eventually, not only do we have to not borrow even more, but pay it back too, with interest, and over generations without any other major upset occurring in the meantime, with north sea oil running out. Yeah, right...

At least the PIGS are only in short-term tulip and can quickly rise from the ashes, ours is generations of doom.

Comment

Doomed I tell yer, doomed...

http://www.tullettprebon.com/Documen...Report_007.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X