• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK doomed by size of debts thread..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You would have to read beyond the first paragraph, which is a bit of a feat if you're as thick as pigsh*t, but just to spell it out, it points out the indebtedness of many leading British companies and I'm not sure whether you actually read the title of this thread (UK doomed by size of debts thread) ...comprendo?; in fact I think on reflection your post is probably in the wrong thread, because it seems to be totally out of context.

Have a nice day.
    There is no evidence that, generally, British companies are any more indebted than their US or European counterparts.
    The large level of British private sector debt shown in the graphs is due to the way the financial system is set up in the City, as others have pointed out.

Now isn't there a floor you need to mop or something?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      There is no evidence that, generally, British companies are any more indebted than their US or European counterparts.
      Says who? sasguru

and where did you pick that gem up, let me guess...the top of your head?

UK companies more indebted than their US and European counterparts

Have a nice day......
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Says who? sasguru

and where did you pick that gem up, let me guess...the top of your head?

UK companies more indebted than their US and European counterparts

Have a nice day......

IMF data actually.
        Your brain cell is probably engaged with how much Dettol to put in the mopping bucket, so I'll keep it simple.
        I claimed that there was no evidence that general i.e. non-financial sector debt of UK companies was any worse than in other countries.
        The "Nonfinancial Corporates Debt -to-Equity" graph pp19. here shows that this is indeed the case: it is virtually identical in the Eurozone
        http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/...11/cr11229.pdf

HTH BIDI as you're thick as two very wide planks
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

BBC News - UK's debts 'biggest in the world'

What it means is that we must brace ourselves for many years of relatively low growth, perhaps 1% versus the 3% of the 16 boom years before the crash, because we no longer have the fuel of borrowing more and more every year.
          The size of debts are such that the UK is doomed to no more than 1% growth. Prithee tell me how in that light, the UK will be able to cut it's deficit.

In other words the fact that the UK has debts which according to McKinsey are:

the biggest in the world
          means long term it's in bigger sh*te than everyone else.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

BBC News - UK's debts 'biggest in the world'

The size of debts are such that the UK is doomed to no more than 1% growth. Prithee tell me how in that light, the UK will be able to cut it's deficit.

In other words the fact that the UK has debts which according to McKinsey are:

means long term it's in bigger sh*te than everyone else.
            I thought we were talking about non-financial sector UK corporate debt.
            I take it your change of subject to start talking about total debt and potential UK growth figures means that you admit that you've been a cretin about non-financial corporate debt and that now you've seen the data you admit that is no greater in the Uk than elsewhere in the Eurozone?

Juts out of interest BB, what is it that you do for a living?
            I'd bet my house on the fact that you're in a, shall we say, non-intellectually demanding occupation
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'd bet my house on the fact that you're in a, shall we say, non-intellectually demanding occupation
              I confirm that I saw this bet proposal.

Now if only BlasterBates confirms he works in intellectually demanding occupation he could be moving into new bedsit over a kebab shop next to Wandsworth HMP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Now if only BlasterBates confirms he works in intellectually demanding occupation .
                His posts indicate this is an impossibility.
                He doesn't exactly have a mind like a steel trap, what?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

His posts indicate this is an impossibility.
                  Well, you've bet your house on it - let's wait to see what BlasterBates says, I am prepared to be a neutral arbiter in this one. Hope your eco-shed is warm in winters.

Comment

I thought we were talking about non-financial sector UK corporate debt.
                    No.....

The argument was, whether the debt was with foreign firms...i.e. that the UK didn't have a problem itself.

Lets just look at the thread title again shall we

UK doomed by the size of debts
                    But I suppose reading posts properly is difficult if you're as thick as pig sh*t

I'm alright Jack

Comment

No.....

The argument was, whether the debt was with foreign firms...i.e. that the UK didn't have a problem itself.

Lets just look at the thread title again shall we

But I suppose reading posts properly is difficult if you're as thick as pig sh*t

SO what was the relevance of your post above about "Major British Companies Facing Administration" which implied ordinary non-financial firms were in more trouble than other countries?
                      See what I mean about not having a mind like a steel trap? You post complete irrelevant crap like a doddery old fool with Alzheimers.

PS You still haven't told us if you're a janitor or a security guard.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X