• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Fat Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    3.5 mile jog last night. well the first half mile was more of a brisk walk - I was still a bit stiff from the swimming.
    Hot girls in bikinis again?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    3.5 mile jog last night. well the first half mile was more of a brisk walk - I was still a bit stiff from the swimming.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Stella? The last time I was down your neck of the woods there was a decent selection of cask ales.

The wife doesn't beat herself.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    And they're still there because I've just finished and gone to the pub. Pint of Stella, Pork Scratchings & Daily Mail. Those bastard left wing benefit scrounging illegal immigrants!!!
    Stella? The last time I was down your neck of the woods there was a decent selection of cask ales.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've put some swimming shorts in the car.
    And they're still there because I've just finished and gone to the pub. Pint of Stella, Pork Scratchings & Daily Mail. Those bastard left wing benefit scrounging illegal immigrants!!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Since New Year's Eve :

Still off the grog.
    Still off the fags.
    Still off the takeaways.

Bijou little cycle ride of 5 miles tonight. 10mph av. Not too bad. Short and fast during the week cos it's dark and cold, treat it like cardio. Long and steady on the weekend, build up stamina and base miles.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    100 lengths of 25 metres last night - 2.5km or just over 1.5 miles. In 86 minutes. But I slowed down alot towards the end. Each length was taking about a minute for the last 25 lengths!
    I've put some swimming shorts in the car.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    100 lengths of 25 metres last night - 2.5km or just over 1.5 miles. In 86 minutes. But I slowed down alot towards the end. Each length was taking about a minute for the last 25 lengths!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I lost a stone and 4lbs before Christmas, then didn't hold back over Christmas and put 3lbs back on. Not so bad I thought considering what went in.

Now back on the straight and narrow. Will keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Better than me, I got up to 33 lengths of our pool (25m AFAIK) before Xmas.

To those who swim, do you do a length or two then rest, or are you one of those who just swims slowly for 30min without stopping?
    I try to swim at medium pace with a couple of breaths every 2 lengths. But it is really a question of what suits the individual. The harder you train the easier it gets - I suppose that is stating the obvious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X