• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train eviction video: 'Big Man' is charged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I would agree if the big man had been overly aggressive, but it looked like reasonable force to me. The public should be allowed a certain amount of leeway in these circumstances.
    It's a very thin line though - if the guy takes a opportunistic punch or throws rather than pushes the kid out of the train.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Utter tosh, it tells them that they are likely to get their arses kicked if they get lippy.
    It tells them they might get accounted for their actions yes. It also teaches them that violence against people who are pissing you off is OK... the guy didn't throw the kid off for breaking the rules, but because he was annoyed with him.

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
    It says everything about this crap country that the only two people that action is being taken against so far is the conductor for allowing the "Big Man" to remove the scrote and for the "Big Man" for assult. The scrote who caused the trouble etc? Nothing, they are still deciding.

Pathetic.
    The kid was travelling without a valid ticket. The man physically threw a minor off a train... justification take out of the picture they are different things.

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Once you start acting like a tulipe I think you're fair game. RIP deference.
    That says a lot of society - we'll act civilised as long as you do. The real sign of civilisation is acting civilised when the other guy doesn't...
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      The real sign of civilisation is acting civilised when the other guy doesn't...
      I think that's a bit of a lost cause in this particular forum

Comment

It's a shame the stalemate was not broken with an act of kindness rather than an act of force.

I would have got up and paid his fare.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
          If the "respectable" chap had started abusing the conductor and shouting about not giving and F about the other passengers, then I'd fully agree with him being turfed off by King Chav the third !

Seems to be people are confusing the fact there is outrage at someone being so abusive to the conductor and other passengers, with some sort of anti-chav campaign.
          I suspect the conductor would have been more likely to believe "Mr respectable". If the conductor had believed "scrote" then scrote would have been unlikely to get abusive. Who knows? If a conductor got arsey with you, would you get arsey back?

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            It's a shame the stalemate was not broken with an act of kindness rather than an act of force.

I would have got up and paid his fare.
            Would you really? I think if I believed his excuse I would, but if, like the conductor, I thought he was taking the piss, I wouldn't.

I nearly bought a girl a £36 train ticket once - till she enhanced her sob story to include a disabled mother at which point I decided I was being taken for a mug.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              The kid was travelling without a valid ticket. The man physically threw a minor off a train... justification take out of the picture they are different things.
              Well unlike the teenagers in Tilbury who stabbed a ticket inspector in the back for questioning them about not having valid tickets, least this little scrote knows that if he does try it again someone will likely intervene in a way he doesn't like.

I know personally two middle age women who have intervened when teenage boys have been rude in that manner. One was punched a few times by the boy before he was held down by other people. The boy was charged, convicted and fined.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Would you really? I think if I believed his excuse I would, but if, like the conductor, I thought he was taking the piss, I wouldn't.

I nearly bought a girl a £36 train ticket once - till she enhanced her sob story to include a disabled mother at which point I decided I was being taken for a mug.
                I like to think I would have had the frame of mind to have considered it. I know the kid was rude and was being a twat but in the interest of just getting on with the journey then this is a much more pleasant option. If anything rubbed off on the kid then it'd be a bonus.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  I suspect the conductor would have been more likely to believe "Mr respectable". If the conductor had believed "scrote" then scrote would have been unlikely to get abusive. Who knows? If a conductor got arsey with you, would you get arsey back?
                  No

Comment

This would have never come to it if convealed firearms bearing was legal.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                      I like to think I would have had the frame of mind to have considered it. I know the kid was rude and was being a twat but in the interest of just getting on with the journey then this is a much more pleasant option. If anything rubbed off on the kid then it'd be a bonus.
                      And that is one way to guarantee that the wee shite will think he can do it again and again and some muppet will pay for him to do so.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X