• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champagne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased a bottle of Dalmyr's house Rose Grand Cru this weekend. Treated the friends who came to help celebrate my wedding anniversary in Munich. 80 euro well spent.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I doubt any guests of yours would know the difference anyway. Hardly likely to be a discerning bunch if they are desperate enough to want to spend any of the Festive period in your company.
      It would be like Greengrass trying to upstage Compo in the sophistication stakes.

You've been a bit quiet recently - has Securitas put you on the night shift again?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        Blimey TL I think you should invest in a newer translation.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Piper Heidsieck is one of the cheaper champagnes.

Apparently Waitrose and Tesco champagnes have won awards in Decanter.

thanks Norahh,

I quoted the wrong post

feck's sake I must remember not to use that fecking piece of poo quote button

it was the Krug I mean't

friend bought me a bottle, then a few months later I saw it at the airport

ouch

Milan.

Comment

Sekt. A good Sekt is actually better than Champagne and cheaper.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Top tip - plus you also get a further £15 off your first order

So I went with the wife's original request and ordered a couple of cases @£24 ish a bottle
              Serve the champagne as your guests arrive, not at the end of the evening when they are drunk.

Unless, there will be speeches and toasts in which case save the champagne for then.

Comment

Out of the original list, I would say the Heidsdeck Monopole would be my choice at the cheaper end of the market.

My favourite choices, money no object, and from what I've had would be; NV....Pol Roger, and vintage...Dompy...

Maybe get a nice bottle for yourself and some cheaper ones for the guests, with a few bottles of Freiznet in reserve for those people who you don't like

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Sekt. A good Sekt is actually better than Champagne and cheaper.
                  Is that German crap?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Is that German crap?

It is rather good actually, but don't tell everybody.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Come on folks.

Nothing says chav lotto winner contractor christmas like a couple of bottles of Armand de Brignac.

Gold coloured bottle with a pewter label. Classy

Comment

Working...
                      X