• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to say?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why do QA reject things?

Ok, let me explain this to you once and for all.

The goal of this strategy that I describe to you is to buy some time for further development. By making documentation more werbose, by introducing ambiguity into this documentation, the aim is to confuse QA so that they reject RC but the way I make this work is that QA are always the parties who end up with the egg on their face.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      the release is made up of multiple changes that are not related therefore the release can go ahead in December but I recommended that we pull this particular change from the release and implement it end of Q1 shortly after the upgrade. So essntially your option 4 and my option 3 are the same.
      That makes it sound pretty cut-n-dried IMO then; this is the right way... you can do this and still discuss patching prod directly, and then conveniently forget about it
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That makes it sound pretty cut-n-dried IMO then; this is the right way... you can do this and still discuss patching prod directly, and then conveniently drag out the time until you've done the upgrade and it's no longer an issue
        FTFY
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post

The goal of this strategy that I describe to you is to buy some time for further development. By making documentation more werbose, by introducing ambiguity into this documentation, the aim is to confuse QA so that they reject RC but the way I make this work is that QA are always the parties who end up with the egg on their face.
          I tell you what; I know I look thick and I've been knocked unconscious on a rugby pitch a few times, but I'm not that thick.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I tell you what; I know I look thick and I've been knocked unconscious on a rugby pitch a few times, but I'm not that thick.
            Mods, Can we have a new fishing rod smilie please.

Comment

You goon - you do not buy time for future development you accept that the current development is not up to standard so it is not released until fixed - or as Chef said you release without the change which is causing the problem.

It is people like you with who will not stand up and tell the truth who cause the rest of us professionals so much trouble.

Unless the company is heamoraging (sp!) money and the risk involved in putting in the buggy change is less than the risk to the business of putting in no change at all.

Comment

Jeezuz you would knowingly waste the time of a whole team, plus yourself, rather than stand up honestly and say, we need more time to develop the fix.

I am confused just reading your post withh those long words I don't understand!

Comment

Easy

Of course we can develop in production, it obviously breaches Best practice :

link X,Y,Z

& Company policy
                  Link

but as its going against our recommendations so long as you take full responsibility in writing for all risks I am willing to go ahead and over ride the QA failures using your authority. Or do you want to try option 3?

Option 3 suddenly looks attractive to most managers.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Possibly the hotel you have been looking for:

Account Suspended
                    This Account Has Been Suspended
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X