• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Browser? - On my main computer I mainly use:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Do you mean lynx? That is quite handy in a terminal sometimes.
    Nope, Links

Just kidding I use Chrome on Windows 7. Links is handy when stranded on a non X unix machine provided is is installed and the network is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      At clientco we have the amazing out of date selection of IE6 or FFox 3.6.15.

Having recently had a security purge across the company I no longer have admin rights on my machine and thereore can't upgrade!! , so most of the time I use Firefox.
      I thought Google specifically made Chrome not require admin rights to install?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Do you mean lynx? That is quite handy in a terminal sometimes.
        There's also Links, which does tables a bit better.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Thanks to the EU, I don't even have IE installed on my (Windows 7) laptop. The initial set up process invited me to choose a browser to install, so I chose Chrome, and never installed IE.

Current client are still on IE6 but I don't use their machines.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Chrome here on my MacBook Pro and Window's 7 machine, only niggle I have is that its not syncing between the two, but other than that I am very impressed with it
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Chrome here on my MacBook Pro and Window's 7 machine, only niggle I have is that its not syncing between the two, but other than that I am very impressed with it
              What do you mean by syncing? Do you need something like this: Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                What do you mean by syncing? Do you need something like this: Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search
                Chrome has a built in syncing feature that syncs your bookmarks, plugins, themes, auto fill, passwords, cookies etc. all you need is a google account. Xmarks can't really compare.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Chrome still turns in good (and for some cases best) results overall, but it definitely isn't anything like as clear a separation as it was in the dim and distant past - say, about twelve months ago.
                  Interesting.

I have been using Chrome for a couple of years now, maybe it is time for me to do another browser comparison test.

Having said that, I like Chrome so probably wont bother.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Chrome has a built in syncing feature that syncs your bookmarks, plugins, themes, auto fill, passwords, cookies etc. all you need is a google account. Xmarks can't really compare.
                    Really? As I sit here using firefox, synced with bookmarks from my chrome installation on the laptop?

Comment

Working...
                    X