• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My new office (I know, wgas)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It says it expired. I've rung them.
    Actually a better question would be has he got agreement from the planners re change of use? You can't just change a garage to an office as it has parking implications which need separate planning permission

Its also usually refused due to the impact on the number of parking spaces available.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Actually a better question would be has he got agreement from the planners re change of use? You can't just change a garage to an office as it has parking implications which need separate planning permission

Its also usually refused due to the impact on the number of parking spaces available.
      Ah good point. I hadn't noticed it was a garage. I assumed it was a new build given all the huff and puff he was giving about it.

So yes, you are right. He's probably in breach.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Ah good point. I hadn't noticed it was a garage. I assumed it was a new build given all the huff and puff he was giving about it.

So yes, you are right. He's probably in breach.
        turning to building regs I wonder as it was built as a garage if it has enough insulation to be anything apart from a garage? Chances are its unfit for human occupation but considering who its for does that matter. In three months it will be the kids play barn.
        Last edited by eek; 21 November 2011, 20:40.

Comment

One final concern is the garden. Considering the amount of time Suity sits on the bench I'm rather concerned he doesn't have one.

Anyone fancy a whip round? I'll start it with 10p and a half sucked gobstopper.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

you need to get the kids desk out of there and get something of a reasonable size!
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

oh you can see your home office from your house window, how quaint. INKSPE.

I do love the way people put coach lanterns on brand new buildings.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                oh you can see your home office from your house window, how quaint. INKSPE.

I do love the way people put coach lanterns on brand new buildings.
                Come on guys. Stop taking the piss. Suity has decided to devalue his house in the pursuit of his home office. We should say well done.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Too true we should see it as an opportunity, quick you sell him some furniture, I'll blackmail him over planning permission.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't worry about the planning permission, suity is probably way down the local council's enforcement officers' list, below the 2000 or so breezeblock outbuildings that the good residents of Luton are using to house the local illegal immigrant population.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                      Don't worry about the planning permission, suity is probably way down the local council's enforcement officers' list, below the 2000 or so breezeblock outbuildings that the good residents of Luton are using to house the local illegal immigrant population.
                      That would constitute racial profiling which means that suity should be very afraid as they have to prosecute several white English natives for every one person of non-uk origin, otherwise the prosecution statistics won't tally with the regional demographic
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X