• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My new office (I know, wgas)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How can it be a garage conversion? Who has a garage 5 foot from the house in the back garden with no road leading to it?
    sy01?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

you know this could have added value to the property

but now all it has done is

p'eed off the neighbours

and devalued the property to the tune of the cost of demolishing it when the new owner moves in

oh dear

Milan.

Comment

it does have a road/path/small path down the side of the house. You can see the double gates at the bottom of said concrete track and the old driveway leading nearly to the "office's" window, a sweeping gravel driveway doesn't fit in the local area by the looks of it
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          it does have a road/path/small path down the side of the house. You can see the double gates at the bottom of said concrete track and the old driveway leading nearly to the "office's" window, a sweeping gravel driveway doesn't fit in the local area by the looks of it
          I do beg your pardon, I'm used to a driveway like this:

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I do beg your pardon, I'm used to a driveway like this:

Aaah, the life of a wedding caterer. Definitely a step up from Macdonalds.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think it looks nice. Once the garden is completed, it won't stick out so much.
              Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                well he can't really hide,

cos as the picture shows his Mrs has engineered it so that his chair and desk
                are in front of the window so that she can see if he is really working or picking his nose

Milan.
                Nah, she works in the back bedroom during the day.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not bad - For Luton (!)

Comment

alright alright

we've definately got a cross section of views and experience and expectations here

so exercise for this week

everyone put a few photos of their house (from different angles) on that web site and we can put some perspective on this

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      alright alright

we've definately got a cross section of views and experience and expectations here

so exercise for this week

everyone put a few photos of their house (from different angles) on that web site and we can put some perspective on this

Milan.
                      Bad idea. Dim will be googling for '**** off big mansions' and Zeity has just typed 'moonbase alpha'
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X