• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk about Caveat Emptor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    I sense a plan B ....

What does an upmarket inverter retail for
    What did the Power Jack pos retail for

What would be the cost of decent gubbins to make a good but cheaper 3500w inverter

My guess would be sufficient margin to turn a profit

Set your final year students a Project to design,produce and originate the marketing stuff for a campaign

Steal the best design & rebrand as
    ZG inverters "power to the gentry"

• Sockpuppet to do the distribution
    • DA to do the selling
    • Girlies to make the tea
    • DP to supply the startup capital

I'm sure we have others on this board involved in manufacturing and the other bits needed

Inverters are riding on the green energy band wagon - fill yer boots!
    What about HR?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      What about HR?
      Outsourced.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        • Sockpuppet to do the distribution
        • DA to do the selling
        • Girlies to make the tea
        • DP to supply the startup capital

I'm sure we have others on this board involved in manufacturing and the other bits needed
        NLUK for customer service.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Nice!
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            "I don't think owning an invertor is something you're ready for. Put it in the bin and move on"

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

That was the electronic engineering equivalent of outsourcing to Bob.

You gets what you pay for, and always will!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                The Power Jack 3500 Watt inverter - buyers beware!

What a little death trap.

Must have been designed by some of my ex esteemed customers.
                As a lapsed electronic engineer, I sort of understood a lot of that.

Even the least able of my colleagues as an apprentice would have struggled to come up with so many design flaws.

Although the less said the better about my first design for a simple five-way ring counter.

Comment

I usually find cheap things are reliable and work well. This is obviously because I appreciate them, if you always say thank you or "good job little x" to your gadgets after using them, they provide much better service.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X