• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just joined a gym

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Had a nice swim, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi.

I haven't been a member of a Sports Club for about 8 years. Always put off by the one year minimum membership. Last time was Fitness First and 3 months in by contract finished and the next one i wasn't near one.

Got this on a month rolling for £59 with Virgin no cancellation fee. All classes included. Going to try Pilates tomorrow.

Whos joined to what and what do you pay?

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Got a rowing machine, cycle, weights in the Ecospace at the end of the garden.
      Aftwerwards can have a steam, or use the jets in the posh sit down shower.

£0 per annum.
      I thought you were some sort of financial and statistical whizz?

What did your Ecospace shed cost? £30-£50k
      You are getting on a bit so lets say 25 yrs of use, and thats being generous
      so £1200-£2k p/a - £100-£167 p/m.

Mmmmm maybe Churchill has got the better deal - and he won't have to pick your pubes out of the drains!

Comment

energie fitness clubs £24.99 pm !

PS An Ecospace shed costs 30 to 50k? Gordon Bennet!
        Last edited by xoggoth; 6 February 2012, 23:18.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          energie fitness clubs £24.99 pm !

PS An Ecospace shed costs 30 to 50k? Gordon Bennet!
          24 Hour Gym | Cheap Gym Membership | Pay As You Go Gym | London

£16.99/mo.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            I'm also better looking than you
            Is that what your granny told you?

She was lying.

Hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Is that what your granny told you?

She was lying.

Hth.
              only 3 months for a comeback

Your getting sharper Churchill!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Mine is £40 a month all-included, I can use any gym in the chain – Total Fitness.

It used to have claim to largest gym in Europe, indoor running track, spa, pool, 2 aerobics studios, spin studio and mind and body, although the kit is the same kit it was furnished with when opened around 20 years ago!!

Which does not really bother me as although old kit, works perfectly well.

I go to a lot of classes – Spin followed by Body Pump (Les Mills) tonight. Did a Body Attack yesterday.

I think the ideal class combination over a week is Circuit, BodyAttack, BodyPump, and a couple of spin classes.

Comment

The problem I have is that I'm getting on a bit and the time when I could manage a long commute, a 9 or 10 hour day and then get to the gym was about a decade ago.

These days I cycle to\from the station to keep reasonably fit and have a pool and rowing machine at home. Most of the time though I'm too tired to use them until the weekend.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    The problem I have is that I'm getting on a bit and the time when I could manage a long commute, a 9 or 10 hour day and then get to the gym was about a decade ago.

These days I cycle to\from the station to keep reasonably fit and have a pool and rowing machine at home. Most of the time though I'm too tired to use them until the weekend.
                    You have a pool at your home??

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                      You have a pool at your home??
                      Don't you? Doesn't everybody? Well, you live and learn eh.
                      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                      X