• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Germans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I found a Riesling in my Cellar, which had been lying around for several years. I think I'd tried to open it and the cork had broken, anyway several years later managed to get it open because I really fancied a glass of wine, g*d it was good.

Definitely recommend letting Riesling mature for several years.
    Definitely if it's a top dry spatlese; a few years old is already very good, but anything up to 15 years just improves the good ones; the best can go for even longer.

Happily, not too many people realise this, so the prices are still pretty reasonable compared to equivalent quality burgundies.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Either way, are they over it yet?
      Well, everybody in Holland bloody well hopes they are.

As for points of principle; yep, they do that, but just make sure all the paperwork's in order and they'll do the deal eventually.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well, everybody in Holland bloody well hopes they are.
        They've only just resurfaced that bridge.

Comment

They've done to Greece what was done to them: driven them into a corner.
          A most valid comparison, wish I'd thought of it. Since history repeats itself, in 20 years time we can look forward to an Adolphis Hitleropodus.

Seriously, one of the best serious posts on CUK in a while. Needs a think.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            They've done to Greece what was done to them: driven them into a corner.

Seriously, one of the best serious posts on CUK in a while. Needs a think.
            The only thought needed here is why people in England believe the events of 70 years ago have any bearing on those affected by today's crisis. It is the continues tiresome final fig leaf when all other arguments have failed. Utterly boring IMO. Let history be exactly that and move on.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The only thought needed here is why people in England believe the events of 70 years ago have any bearing on those affected by today's crisis. It is the continues tiresome final fig leaf when all other arguments have failed. Utterly boring IMO. Let history be exactly that and move on.
              Perhaps it comes from an appreciation of German culture?

Originally posted by Goethe
              He who cannot draw on 3000 years (of history) is living from hand to mouth
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If you do not understand that history informs the present and future, my ignorant friend, you really are very stupid indeed.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Perhaps it comes from an appreciation of German culture?
                  From he who criticises it each minute of every waking day?

All human history can be summed up in two words: Sh!t happens.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

From he who criticises it each minute of every waking day?

All human history can be summed up in two words: Sh!t happens.
                    I thought I was on your ignore list. Why not keep me there so I don't have to listen to your childish bollux?

Oh and by the way I know far more about Germany than you since I have German friends and indirect German in-laws.

HTH, BIDI
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Daily Mail middle England... Intolerant bigots who can't see further than their own prejudiced views
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X