• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here believes in man made climate change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sorry. Misunderstood your pm...
    Fixed it now.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Oh bugger.

I've already voted.
      same here - can my vote be cancelled please
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

What does believing in man made climate change mean?

Does it include climate models, predicting the future as well as reading the past, and that you think climate change is bad? And perhaps also that you believe that the climate wouldn't change anyway, for good or bad. Oh, and also that all the economically extractable carbon that we can frantically eek out of the ground wouldn't be used up regardless, and that population size and growth isn't the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Trouble is you say "I don't believe in man-made climate change", and what's heard is "I don't believe the climate is changing".
          And they naturally assume you chuck all your cardboard in the wheelie bin and drive a V8.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Needs a "Climate is changing and some of it is to do with man - but not very much" option.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              Needs a "Climate is changing and some of it is to do with man - but not very much" option.
              And for good measure a "Climate is changing and no-one really knows why" option.

Comment

I'm surprised the atmosphere didn't change earlier and faster. According to the Wiki it weighs 5 * 10^18 kg. So if frozen solid, would occupy a space of about a cube 170 km on its side. Not that there is much chance of it freezing solid any more.

Comment

If governments came out with "The climate is changing but we're not entirely sure why" they couldn't tax the feck out of us at every opportunity.

At the moment they have a tax vehicle and a scare tactic to reduce use of dwindling resources, we've only just tipped over the crest on the peak oil bell curve and it will take another 5-10 years before people realise that it will only ever get worse.

Doomed etc.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I also believe in EO-made North Devon landscape change.
                    After visiting the place in the summer, it stands to reason that my footsteps must have caused some erosion, and my car must have worn some of the tarmac away.

Of course its such a tiny amount that no one cares. A bit like CAGW really, we may be having a tiny impact, but we aint sure in which direction and its swamped by natural variability that it would take a watermelon to get agitated by it

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What if all this ******* about to slow down climate change has it's own unforeseen circumstances? What if we make things worse?

Comment

Working...
                      X