• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who here believes in man made climate change?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Needs a "Climate is changing and some of it is to do with man - but not very much" option.
    Or an "I don't have a clue" option.

Too many AGW threads today...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Sorry. Your only option is to create a couple of sockies, hope you don't get caught, and vote twice to cancel out your own vote and add a new one.
    but there are 3 options, so I'll have to create 2 sockies to rebalance the original, now wrong, vote and then a third to cast a new vote

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Your only option is to create a couple of sockies
    Don't we all have a couple of sockies for such an occasion?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    There should be an 'unconvinced either way but so bloody bored of the subject I can't be bothered reading all the arguments' option.

And an Andyw option.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Oh bugger.

I've already voted.
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    same here - can my vote be cancelled please
    Sorry. Your only option is to create a couple of sockies, hope you don't get caught, and vote twice to cancel out your own vote and add a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    What if all this ******* about to slow down climate change has it's own unforeseen circumstances? What if we make things worse?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I also believe in EO-made North Devon landscape change.
    After visiting the place in the summer, it stands to reason that my footsteps must have caused some erosion, and my car must have worn some of the tarmac away.

Of course its such a tiny amount that no one cares. A bit like CAGW really, we may be having a tiny impact, but we aint sure in which direction and its swamped by natural variability that it would take a watermelon to get agitated by it

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    If governments came out with "The climate is changing but we're not entirely sure why" they couldn't tax the feck out of us at every opportunity.

At the moment they have a tax vehicle and a scare tactic to reduce use of dwindling resources, we've only just tipped over the crest on the peak oil bell curve and it will take another 5-10 years before people realise that it will only ever get worse.

Doomed etc.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm surprised the atmosphere didn't change earlier and faster. According to the Wiki it weighs 5 * 10^18 kg. So if frozen solid, would occupy a space of about a cube 170 km on its side. Not that there is much chance of it freezing solid any more.

Leave a comment:

• Basil Fawlty
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Needs a "Climate is changing and some of it is to do with man - but not very much" option.
    And for good measure a "Climate is changing and no-one really knows why" option.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Trouble is you say "I don't believe in man-made climate change", and what's heard is "I don't believe the climate is changing".
    And they naturally assume you chuck all your cardboard in the wheelie bin and drive a V8.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What does believing in man made climate change mean?

Does it include climate models, predicting the future as well as reading the past, and that you think climate change is bad? And perhaps also that you believe that the climate wouldn't change anyway, for good or bad. Oh, and also that all the economically extractable carbon that we can frantically eek out of the ground wouldn't be used up regardless, and that population size and growth isn't the real problem.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Oh bugger.

I've already voted.
    same here - can my vote be cancelled please

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Sorry. Misunderstood your pm...