• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your home town

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why don't you fook off then, and spare us your whinging.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why don't you fook off then, and spare us your whinging.
      Because this is the place I can easily make the most money. Otherwise I wouldnt be associating with knuckle draggers like yourself.

Comment

I don't really have a home town as such, for my parents lived in the sticks when I was born, and later moved to a semi-rural village.

That village got overbuilt and overrun by yuppies long ago.

I found a couple of places I could have settled but you have to be prepared to do the Monday to Fridaything a long way from home or face time consuming commutes every time there is a downturn, and I got fed up of that.

My present small town with a large city 20 minutes away has been fine for the last dozen years, but I'm getting the urge to move somewhere more rural again.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Because this is the place I can easily make the most money. Otherwise I wouldnt be associating with knuckle draggers like yourself.
          You're not associating with me. You're typing bollux on a forum.
          HTH.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was born down the line from Millwall's ground. Enough said.

Comment

I don't really have a home town - we lived in a small village but moved when I was only about 8 and most of my childhood was living in the country.

My 'home town' I'd identify with is where I went to university. I still live here.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I was just reading the history of the town I grew up in and it struck me that I have no affinity for the place. It wasn't the best place to be then and certainly isn't now yet people I know appear to have some pride that they live there still.

What about your own home towns? Still live there, get teary eye thinking about the place or would you rather the bulldozers moved in?
                I grew up in the seaside town of Ayr. Pleasant enough place despite the weather, but never had it in my mind to stay there any longer than it took to get a decent education. Always wanted to travel and see the world. Would have found it suffocating to stay.
                All of my immediate family left after finishing school/Uni, and occasional trips aside, we have no real hankering to return.
                Still have some cousins and aunts/uncles living there, but only ever see them at funerals these days.
                Even then they just remind me of what an important decision it was I made to move on.
                Have 2 sisters, one now living in Kent and the other one in Wiltshire. Personally I am happy in Devon too.
                Better climate, and of course it also has the added benefit of annoying the tulip out of racist bigots like Troll.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My parents moved country every three to four years throughout my childhood so I don't have a home town.

The longest I've ever lived in one house is eight years, and I worked out last year that I have never spent a full calendar year in one country.

In short I have no affinity to any town and I'll happily jump ship to wherever an opportunity arises. Mrs PRC has other ideas though and wants stability for the sprogs so I imagine we'll be stuck in the South East for a while now.

Comment

Grew up in South London. Nobody sane would want to live there now.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      I grew up in the seaside town of Ayr. Pleasant enough place despite the weather, but never had it in my mind to stay there any longer than it took to get a decent education.
                      So how come you left already without finishing your GNVQ?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X