• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muscle bound idiots in the gym...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    I recon a triathalon is so much the best thing you can do for a really good work out.
    Pieathlon

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      And he falls right into the trap. How did I know you'd post on this thread?
      I do agree with you that many of them are idiots. They feel like better human beings just because they have more muscles, follow a diet and don't smoke. They look down at the other people in the gym with a more normal body. It's good that I fall into so many categories that anyone can hardly label me.

Indeed, most of them do not even bother with the strenght. All they want is muscles, muscles, muscles... and it's true, not always the muscular texture is in line with the strenght. I find it very stupid. What's the point of being pumped up if all your power cannot go further than a few pounds weight lifting? I'd rather go for the strenght if I had to choose...
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I recon a triathalon is so much the best thing you can do for a really good work out.
        and the 2nd best is watching noobies transitioning from BIke to Run.

Although 400m IM and 200m Fly are good workouts
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Me, I go for cadence, when all else fails a good cadence will save you.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
            Crustacea
            Not sure about that.
            "Crustacea" to me is various types of crustaceans, which is not what DP meant.
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              I do agree with you that many of them are idiots. They feel like better human beings just because they have more muscles, follow a diet and don't smoke. They look down at the other people in the gym with a more normal body. It's good that I fall into so many categories that anyone can hardly label me.

Indeed, most of them do not even bother with the strenght. All they want is muscles, muscles, muscles... and it's true, not always the muscular texture is in line with the strenght. I find it very stupid. What's the point of being pumped up if all your power cannot go further than a few pounds weight lifting? I'd rather go for the strenght if I had to choose...
              What about running stamina? Heart and lung capacity is the sine qua non of good health.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Me, I go for cadence, when all else fails a good cadence will save you.
                Hmmmm. Pie eating cadence is an interesting concept. Do you mean a steady rhythmic chomping movement of the jaws?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hmmmm. Pie eating cadence is an interesting concept. Do you mean a steady rhythmic chomping movement of the jaws?

No, it's when he gets a good rythym going with a pie in each hand...

Lift and bite and lift and bite.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Now that I'm going to the gym regularly, it amuses me to see the preening, narcissistic, muscle-bound gay boys staring at themselves in the mirror. They don't seem to do any cardio-vascular workouts at all, which means they have hearts the size of a shrivelled prune and couldn't run 100 yards without collapsing.

Any of you recognise yourself in that description?
                    I was in the gym last night and thought exactly the same thing whilst killing myself on the running machine! In fact I was going to start a thread about it this morning. These guys spend so much of their time looking at themselves in the mirror-they must be deeply insecure.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Moving a mouse around all day has done my finger muscle tone absolute wonders.

Comment

Working...
                      X