• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maldives sea level not risen for 30-40 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maldives sea level not risen for 30-40 years

Professor Axil Mörner an international sea level expert says sea level around the Maldives hasn't risen for 30 years:

INDIAN OCEAN AND PACIFIC OCEAN SEA LEVEL SCANDAL UNFOLDING

Can't be true, the cabinet office is already underwater!

Maldives government holds underwater cabinet meeting - Telegraph
    I'm alright Jack

Not true.

Sea levels definitely rose whilst I was there on holidays.

They seemed to go back to normal after I left apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Not true.

Aparently methane is a much more powerful global warming gas than CO2
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Aparently methane is a much more powerful global warming gas than CO2
        Oh you're trying to blame me now are you?

pffffrrrrt.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Man made Climate Change™ caused the sea level to rise 5m, HOWEVER, natural cooling meant the sea fell 5m.

So you see, we have already destroyed the world, it's just it's all being masked so you can't see the devastation.

HTH, enjoy your Carbon taxes.

Yours,

Climate s

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Not true.

Did you find that they rose once per day and then lowered once per day as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Did you find that they rose once per day and then lowered once per day as well?
              Twice.

But also whenever I went diving.

Comment

From his wikipedia entry, on which there are links to the following:

"However, these conclusions were not supported by follow-up studies.[12]

Mörner's claim that sea levels are not rising has been criticised for ignoring correctly calibrated satellite altimeter records, all of which show that sea levels are rising.[13]"

Next, morons!
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Come on PJC, we're waiting...
                  Do some fooking work, our taxes pay for you.

HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke
                    Can I be bovvered? Anyone with Google and Wiki can check this stuff and discover it is the usual tulipe.

As SASGuru points out, Morner's Maldives sea level study was found to be 'implausible' by followup work.
                    So that leaves me to do the ad hominem. Morner was indeed an authority a decade ago, but now is a seventy-something Grade A nutter. He lies and misrepresents his ex-colleagues:

and spends his retirement years with his water-divining rods and defacing ancient monuments .

But one has to admire his creativity. There are 2 schools of thought on recent trends in sea level. On one hand the satellite record and every other authority show us that global mean sea level is rising. Apparently in a minority of one, Morner believes it is not. Faced with this challenge, he devised a novel and ingenious solution - he TILTED THE GRAPH ON THE PAGE, rendering the trend flat and enabling him to label it 'No long term trend'. See Fig 5 in this submission.

Sadly, I am not making this up. This is what qualifies as an 'expert' in the deny-o-sphere.

Any questions?
                    Post some comparison photographs, there must be loads of them demonstrating sea level rises.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X