• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asprin Alert!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't be bothered reading all that. Just says IR35 all over the place. I thought it was about willow bark extract.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      stuff

Got a source for all this?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        But I thought you come in peace, pale face...

Man in silly tunic speak with forked tongue!
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Gentlemen, a text book CUK set of responses to the OP.

Well done.

Comment

This was supposed to be a serious thread not a piss take. Looks like I put it on the wrong site.

As it turns out another accountancy firm have denied that any of this is true when I conveyed this information to them. Therefore, none of us are any the wiser.

The sooner we get clarity of these issues the better.
            Last edited by Denny; 24 April 2006, 16:06.

Comment

This was supposed to be a serious thread not a piss take. Looks like I put it on the wrong site.

As it turns out another accountancy firm have denied that any of this is true when I conveyed this information to them. Therefore, none of us are any the wiser.

Look
              You can get all serious about flippant responses to your post , or just accept that to Hectors paymaster - i.e. Gordon - we are tax evading scum who deserve to be bled dry, and that Hector has been instructed to go after with everything he's got - 'coz it's all about fairness innit!!

I see it like acknowledging death... it's going to happen and all you can do is laugh at it.
              If however you feel more strongly about this, and are actually contemplating political assassinations as a means of changing Government policy... well that too is OK & I will applaud your efforts & strength of conviction.

Could I also suggest a list in order of preference?

1: Patricia Hewitt
              2: Jack Straw
              3: Beverley Hughes

oh feck it... do them all!!

Comment

You say it's true, some accountants say it isn't true. So what is the concerned contractor to do other than believe his/her/its accountant, possibly do some quiet research of their own, and in the meantime post a flippant response in the best traditions of the 'General' thread?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Man in silly tunic speak with forked tongue!

Nope...

Giant Alien Green Lizard speak with fork tongue, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                    You say it's true, some accountants say it isn't true. So what is the concerned contractor to do other than believe his/her/its accountant, possibly do some quiet research of their own, and in the meantime post a flippant response in the best traditions of the 'General' thread?
                    I wish I hadn't posted it now because I assumed that Qdos would know what they were talking about, which is why I posted it (hurriedly and without editing it properly). It seems that Bauer and Cotterall think differently since I spoke with them.

Whatever research we do or whoever we speak to seems to throw up more questions than answers.

It's a really unacceptable situation though.

We're trying to manage our own tax affairs efficiently and properly yet we're effectively prevented from doing so because of all the fuzziness surrounding these issues.

The sooner there is clarity the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      Nope...

Giant Alien Green Lizard speak with fork tongue, surely?
                      or Giant Alien Green Lizard is good reason for ignoring the Prime Directive

Comment

Working...
                      X