• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java Contracting - what should I brush up on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    The reason I quit was because I had tried to get contracts but everyone was put off by my 1 month notice. I wasn't being considered. I saved enough money to cover myself for about 3 months so I'm not stuck. It's hard to balance perm work with getting other work.

I have 3 years 9 months JEE experience. My industries include government, healthcare, and domain name.
    I wish you luck given the current market (crap would be an understatement). Its why I'm rapidly implementing plan b in any spare time I have.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The reason I quit was because I had tried to get contracts but everyone was put off by my 1 month notice. I wasn't being considered. I saved enough money to cover myself for about 3 months so I'm not stuck. It's hard to balance perm work with getting other work.

I have 3 years 9 months JEE experience. My industries include government, healthcare, and domain name.
      Missed that one earlier - are you sure that three months is going to be enough? particularly if you feel the need to brush up on the skills, and the current market situation, I'd want more than that saved to be making the jump.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Anyone got any educated answers?
        Not if that's the kind of response they receive.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Missed that one earlier - are you sure that three months is going to be enough? particularly if you feel the need to brush up on the skills, and the current market situation, I'd want more than that saved to be making the jump.
          ....unless I lived with my parents. 12 weeks cash is nowhere near a big enough reserve without a contract to go to. Bad decision to quit IMHO but perhaps the OP had their reasons.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
          X