• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been watching A New Life Down Under?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Yeah but when it comes near to popping they just let a few more thousand skilled migrants in to prop up demand. Since in the metro areas there is limited building going on and limited space - prices keep going up.

To avoid massive tax here you have to have an investment property. Most people do -even people of less than average income. This further props up the market.

In the nice areas - prices keep going up. There is a lot of money in Sydney - you wanna see how some people live here. It's unbelievable (not me - I live like Rigsby).
    I've seen it aussie, we keep going back, thinking of having a stab at living there, especially given my 'skillset' is heavily invested in there. But having nearly got completely out of property here, but still nervously holding one property that will not sell, I am a tad concerned about diving into the market there again.

Bit of a worry really

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      we keep going back, thinking of having a stab at living there, especially given my 'skillset' is heavily invested in there.
      Who'd have thought that Australia would finally embrace the whole Lollipop Man/Woman thing quite so heartily?
      Go on ZM, take the plunge. The place is already full of weird mammals anyway, one more won't make any odds.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Who'd have thought that Australia would finally embrace the whole Lollipop Man/Woman thing quite so heartily?
        Go on ZM, take the plunge. The place is already full of weird mammals anyway, one more won't make any odds.

Laughing at yourself Shaunnyboy and dragging that 'oh now you must be a lollipop man' straight from your sachel.

Honestly son, I fear for your offspring if you are the 1 in 10,000 swimmers that got through

Comment

Laughing at yourself Shaunnyboy and dragging that 'oh now you must be a lollipop man' straight from your sachel.
          For clarity, laughing at YOU, and including the smilies because they clearly irk you so much.
          And keeping the level of insult to an altitude that won't pass too far over your sloping, heavily-pronounced forehead.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            For clarity, laughing at YOU, and including the smilies because they clearly irk you so much.
            And keeping the level of insult to an altitude that won't pass too far over your sloping, heavily-pronounced forehead.

No, not directed at me shaunnyboy, just the last bastion of the inherently, geneologiclaly challenged, knuckle dragging cousins in our mist

Comment

No, not directed at me shaunnyboy, just the last bastion of the inherently, geneologiclaly challenged, knuckle dragging cousins in our mist
              Gorillas?

Ohhh, you meant "midst"

Comment

Try just using one hoof to type with. And clear some of the froth from the keyboard too.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Gorillas?

Ohhh, you meant "midst"
                  Now that was a face palm, enjoying making shaunnyboy look more stupid...

Never mind, I am sure he'll be along soon with a smiley

Comment

Working...
                  X