• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's made their own explosives?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shampoo bottle.

Pop some talcum powder in.
    Pop some strong bleach in.
    Top on tight.
    Shake.
    Retreat.
    Swell .. bang!

Oh and it sprays the unreacted bleach all over the place as well.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      It's ammonium nitrate fertiliser and diesel oil actually fungus. Dear me, what a crap terrorist you'd make. Did anyone see the news tonight from Nepal?Smashing up and setting fire to a tax office. Yeeeeh!!! Why can't we have a chance to do things like that?

http://www.nodoze.net/explosives.html
      From the Irish Independent newspaper:

" A FORENSIC scientist told the Special Criminal Court yesterday that he had encountered fertiliser found at a disused fish shop used in conjunction with diesel oil or sugar to make an explosive mixture.Liam Fleury said that samples taken from 28 bags found at Molly Malone's fish shop in Howth, Co Dublin, were crushed calcium nitrate fertiliser, which had previously been encountered at the Forensic Science laboratory at the Department of Justice. "It has been encountered as a component of an explosive mixture in conjunction with fuel such as icing sugar or diesel oil,'' he said. "

And this too:

Geoffrey Wheatcroft
      Friday May 2, 2003
      The Guardian

"the IRA have shown how bloodthirsty "spectaculars" can be mounted with nothing more than fertiliser, sugar, and condoms for the timers."

There is more than one way to deprive a feline of its fluffy stuff.

Comment

I stand corrected, sort of, although it is perfectly clear that no self respecting Real IRA bloke, who are all real men, would ever consider using something so utterly limp wristed and poofy as icing sugar in their explosives.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Being more mechanically inclined than chemically I went down the weapons of localised destruction route.

The best result was a ballista made from truck suspension springs that was capable of putting road nails through a garage wall at 100 yds. Thats when it didnt spontaneously and forcefully dismantle itself before it could be fired
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A mate of mine lost three fingers with a potassium chlorate and sugar mix.
            He was lucky not to be blinded too.
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Working...
            X