• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You want a break? Pay for it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    Them too.

Luckily I am not fat and don't smoke, 'cause I am not weak.
    So those are pictures of some other fat twat on your webtulipe then?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

'Tis only distortion caused by your poor quality monitor.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

'Tis only distortion caused by your poor quality monitor.
        funny how it doesnt distort the cars or the other folks isnt it?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

doesn't
          isn't
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
            Have a word with fleety or one of the others contracting on the mainland, they could buy them and send them for a lot less.
            I used to have them sent to me from Portugal, but somehow that made me smoke a lot more than usual. Even my wife who smokes very little, cos she doesn't like buying them was on 15 ciggies a day, when that arrangement was on, so I stopped it.

Comment

doesn't
              isn't
              Cheap keyboard to go with cheap monitor
              No punctuation

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Shame we can't smoke in the toilets - kill 2 birds with 1 stone (!?)

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  I never succombed to anything. I was told I couldnt/shouldnt so I gave it a try as I have with a number of things. If I succumbed to anything it was curiosity.
                  I smoked for a long time believe it or not because I actualy enjoyed it.

I gave up because the enjoyment had gone.

I am still firmly in the smokers rights corner.

Not often I disagree with you Wendi but a bit too sanctimonious there.
                  Just putting an alternative point of view. Listening to some ex-smokers you'd think they had sacrificed themselves to save the planet.

As it happens I admire ex-smokers for beating an addiction, but some are a bit too gobby about it so I wouldn't let them know that.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    As it happens I admire ex-smokers for beating an addiction, but some are a bit too gobby about it so I wouldn't let them know that.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Cut out the wishy-washy stuff. Most smokers who carry on with the habit are mentally weak. All other things being equal, I would hire a non-smoker over a smoker any time.
                      While we're with the cliches/stereotypes I'd like to suggest that people who think workers should do nothing but sit in front of their screen all day, no doubt with a set of headphones on, probably shouldn't be running a business in the first place, and ipso facto are incapable of thinking 'outside the box' and bring about any sort of innovation.

I smoke, sometimes to much to my regret perhaps, but heck, the number of times I've worked for a company where everyone was sitting round staring a problem in the face until their eyes hurt, and I've gone outside for 5 minutes and had a fag, come back with a solution where I get asked the perenial question "how did you come up with that"...geez it ain't rocket science.

Joe in "small minds tend to think small thoughts" mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X