• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You want a break? Pay for it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    So pay-as-you-break. I wonder how much will be the pricelist. £1 for a cigarette break, £2 for a coffee break, £5 for a dump. How come the business world is becoming so stupid? Of course, break in front of a computer playing solitaire or typing an email to your friend will be free. I wonder what's the next step? Reintroducing the whips?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ixportal.html
    Chancellor Gerhard Schröder was forced into a climbdown last week after proposing to abolish the Oct 3 national holiday, which marks the reunification.

Germany's new president, Horst Koehler, in effect slapped him down in public and, having failed to check his idea with coalition partners, the Greens, Mr Schroder had to abandon the idea.
    "Chancellor Gerhard Schröder"?? Oh: (Filed: 15/11/2004)

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      10 minutes? You joking? Some people seems to be able to speak useless crap for hours and occasionaly take 10 minutes breaks of work.
      I thought I'd just relate it to one or two fag breaks. You're right though, chatters just go on and on all day!

When it comes to cigarettes though, I've had enough of paying over 5 quid for a packet of 20! Haven't given up though, switched to rollies!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
        I thought I'd just relate it to one or two fag breaks. You're right though, chatters just go on and on all day!

When it comes to cigarettes though, I've had enough of paying over 5 quid for a packet of 20! Haven't given up though, switched to rollies!
        Have a word with fleety or one of the others contracting on the mainland, they could buy them and send them for a lot less.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack
          Ex-smokers are the weakest of the lot:

1. They succumb to smoking in the first place

2. They smoke for a long time, all the time knowing their health and pocket are suffering

3. They succumb to pressures to give up (money, health or social)

4. They allow themselves to become anti-smoking evangelists

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

2. They smoke for a long time, all the time knowing their health and pocket are suffering

Yeah, I bet you're the life and soul of the party.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Smokers are weak.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I never succombed to anything. I was told I couldnt/shouldnt so I gave it a try as I have with a number of things. If I succumbed to anything it was curiosity.
                I smoked for a long time believe it or not because I actualy enjoyed it.

I gave up because the enjoyment had gone.

I am still firmly in the smokers rights corner.

Not often I disagree with you Wendi but a bit too sanctimonious there.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Smokers are weak.
                  What about FATTIES?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
                    What about FATTIES?
                    Them too.

Luckily I am not fat and don't smoke, 'cause I am not weak.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                      Them too.

Luckily I am not fat and don't smoke, 'cause I am not weak.
                      Fat, self-delusional and not terribly bright. Not a good combination at all.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X