• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google ads sponsored links scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    When I type "EHIC card" in to Google, the top result is https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do, which I assume is the correct one.

No idea how you tell whether it's a sponsored link or not, I've never looked out for those, until now.
    The sponsored ones are highlighted in a pale sort of purple colour box with the words Sponsored Links in the top right corner.

Last edited by DaveB; 6 October 2011, 11:49.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Without one you will be charged for any treatment overseas and have to get the money back from your insurance, assuming you have some. They cover pretty much everything in the country you are in but do not cover repatriation costs, including any medical support required. Thats what your travel insurance is for. If you need to be flown home with a nurse or doctor in attendance it quickly gets into the tens of thousands, and the further away you are the more it costs.
      And, IIRC from reading the small print, if the airline company detect that you are ill they can refuse boarding. Even for a broken leg. Best to keep schtum and try to hobble on without being detected as weak. I don't take insurance out either

Comment

The sponsored ones are highlighted in a pale sort of purple colour box with the words Sponsored Links in the top right corner.
        I didn't see any: EHIC card - Google Search

Comment

How did they get away with this one though?

http://www. nhs-direct. org. uk/

IMPORTANT: For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this website is not connected to, or affiliated with, the NHSBSA, Department of Health, or any Government office. This is an independent, third-party website, offering an EHIC application review and verification service, for which a fee is payable.

Comment

I didn't see any: EHIC card - Google Search
            Intersting, I see them in that link. edited the post above to include a screen shot.

Comment

Intersting, I see them in that link. edited the post above to include a screen shot.
              Here's what I get:

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I think you are missing half a brain.

Please run a search in Google to see if NHS can help you, but make sure not to give credit cards to some dodgy site.
                You're still missing it. I suspect it's due to English not being your first language - I am not sure why you are throwing cheap insults like that about now, but fill your jackboots.

Comment

If you need to be flown home with a nurse or doctor in attendance it quickly gets into the tens of thousands, and the further away you are the more it costs.

What about repatriating a corpse?

One of my dad's cousins (whom I have never met and even he only met her a few times over 60 odd years) died while on holiday in Hong Kong last week, after a very brief illness.

Dread to think how much it may cost to fly her body back to the UK. I think they're going to BBQ her over there then bring the ashes back in hand luggage.

Hope the ashes don't get confused for other powdery substances by security.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Here's what I get:

I now suspect (but haven't delved much) that it's Adblock Plus that's removing the Google sponsored ads for me.

How to Get Rid of Sponsored Links From Google | eHow.com

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      What about repatriating a corpse?

One of my dad's cousins (whom I have never met and even he only met her a few times over 60 odd years) died while on holiday in Hong Kong last week, after a very brief illness.

Dread to think how much it may cost to fly her body back to the UK. I think they're going to BBQ her over there then bring the ashes back in hand luggage.

Hope the ashes don't get confused for other powdery substances by security.
                      Apparently Ashes are ok if accompanied by the death certificate and carried by the same person for the duration of the trip. Bodies, whole or in part, are a no-no on normal commercial flights. I just check the policy on my travel insurance and it covers costs up to £5k to fly home a body.

Comment

Working...
                      X