• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    How is you German new?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Better than your english, I hope.
    Besser, danke
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

How about a proactive strike.
      spend the week liasing with infrastructure (or whomever) along the lines of 'If this goes ahead, will you be able to support x,y,z ? and what will you need from me

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I find looking busy usually helps.

And logging lessons learned

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          client co have stated that the design doc is a milestone and therefore build phase cannot begin until this is signed off.
          Sounds pretty German.

Don't you need to hold walkthrough sessions of the documentation with the reviewers to ensure the review process is thorough and that everyone is fully bought in to the strategy and direction set out within, mitigating the risk that any assumptions are made by either side that later prove to be incorrect and cause avoidable additions to scope and timescales?

Or do all the reviewers just read the docs in isolation, not fully understand them, send you a few comments back on minor grammar/punctuation issues, then complain 3 months later that their sign-off "doesn't really count anymore" as they didn't really understand the docs in the first place?
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Facilitate,Facilitate,Facilitate

you know it makes sense.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd reach for the Prince II handbook and find the bit on Phase Start / End Design. Pretty sure there's lots you can be doing that's relevant, productive and billable

Comment

Working...
              X