• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for all the God-bothering Christian types on here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I don't think you have much to learn about the concept of arrogance.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I don't bother god. He has never complained when I talk to him. Well not yet anyway.

Anyway all the most advanced nations are Christian. At the moment....
      Well, except the japanese, koreans, taiwanese.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think the religions of the world need to adapt to modern life and society. In the days when they were first founded life was a lot simpler and the lack of distraction and stuff to think about it made it a lot easier for people to find spiritual happiness and meaning.

Now there is so much going on that people try to get their happiness from money/material things, celebrity obsession, sport teams etc.

When people think of religions now they only think of the 'supernatural' element that was a lot more believable thousands of years ago. For me I think of the messages and how they can help me attain true happiness without any attachment to anything impermanent. That's what the likes of Jesus/Buddha/Krishna were teaching - how to reach enlightenment and the highest state of happiness/peace whoever you are, regardless of your situation.

How that has been interpreted down the line and what has been done throughout history in the name of said religions has little to do with the original message.

Just my opinions
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I think the religions of the world need to adapt to modern life and society. In the days when they were first founded life was a lot simpler and the lack of distraction and stuff to think about it made it a lot easier for people to find spiritual happiness and meaning.

Now there is so much going on that people try to get their happiness from money/material things, celebrity obsession, sport teams etc.

When people think of religions now they only think of the 'supernatural' element that was a lot more believable thousands of years ago. For me I think of the messages and how they can help me attain true happiness without any attachment to anything impermanent. That's what the likes of Jesus/Buddha/Krishna were teaching - how to reach enlightenment and the highest state of happiness/peace whoever you are, regardless of your situation.

How that has been interpreted down the line and what has been done throughout history in the name of said religions has little to do with the original message.

Just my opinions
          Bollocks!

A copy of the Old Testament is all you need!

That's what's missing today, a bit of good old fashioned Fire, Brimstone and Begatting!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            That's what's missing today, a bit of good old fashioned ..... Begatting!
            Get on with it! The rest of us have.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              So you're saying any belief is valid.
              Which means you agree with a Jihadist who thinks he goes to paradise immediately provided he kills some kaffir?
              After all his belief is as valid as yours and mine, no?
              Sas, that premise is worthy of only the BNP fraternity. Read John Locke’s Treatise in Toleration on which many of our and Americas liberal thought is based. Basically anyone can believe what the hell they want as long as it doesn’t harm the state or public safety. Remember ‘Tolerance’ is about enduring something you disagree with to allow others to live they life the way they see fit. A happy community is less likely to cause problems, but this does have limits. Take the turban and motorcycle case, no harm is done to the wider community and the freedom to wear a turban instead of a helmet is of trivial consequence, if you became a Sikh you would have the same freedom. However, a Sikh boy was expelled from school for wearing a Kirpan with a 5 inch blade in north London a couple of years back (Times March 2010 ish).
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I find some of the most fanatical people in this area are the anti-religious crowd.
                Can't remember last time in the news atheist did stuff like suicide bombing or tried to stop some medical research that would save people.

Comment

I think the religions of the world need to adapt to modern life and society.
                  Scientology? Rumoured to have been created when L Ron Hubbard read an article on how much money the Roman catholic church had.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Can't remember last time in the news atheist did stuff like suicide bombing or tried to stop some medical research that would save people.
                    he did specify "this area" which i took to mean CUK
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Please read my signature
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X