• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poisoned chalice project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Tell her to get back in the ruddy kitchen then
    Oh yeah, easy for you to say!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Holy thread resurrection....

We are due to have our Heavenly connection on Tuesday evening - how about a Ruby at the Gurkha Palace at 7pm?
      I don't like spicy. However they have some dishes marked 'very mild', so I don't mind giving it a go. The problem with a restaurant is booking and fixed times - people don't turn up who say they will and vice versa - also some people want to pop in after work for an hour, others come later and want to stay till closing.

From that point of view a pub that serves food would be a better bet. If Fleet's a goer for everyone, then 'The Station' (conveniently located!) has been recently refurbed and does decent pizza/burger menu and has comfy sofas!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Pardon me for asking but who the fck are you, again?
        Come along and you will find out? Dare I say, less of the cigar and bowler hat though...
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

back near the beinning of this thread there were 2 options 'a' and 'b'.
          What I would have done is the first part of 'b', then watch as 'a' suddenly happened.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            back near the beinning of this thread there were 2 options 'a' and 'b'.
            What I would have done is the first part of 'b', then watch as 'a' suddenly happened.
            Read the first page and a half of posts and couldn't see any a/b type options. I found a 1/2/3.

Care to give a hint as to which post number you are referring to?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

That’s nothing I have been handed projects days before commissioning was due to start with mega serious problems. One that springs to mind they had the executables ready but all the source code had been deleted with no backups…

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                That’s nothing I have been handed projects days before commissioning was due to start with mega serious problems. One that springs to mind they had the executables ready but all the source code had been deleted with no backups…
                And did you deal with it by whining about it on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  And did you deal with it by whining about it on CUK?
                  Probably not, which makes me a far more interesting contributor to this here forum so
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

here you go Suity:

Adult diapers to outsell baby nappies by end of decade in Japan - Telegraph
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

According to The Guardian, that happened last year.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                      X