• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitler was a Christian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
    EZEKIEL 25:17
    Last edited by Francko; 19 April 2006, 23:10.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
      Why is 6 million Europeans a Holocaust but 20 million Russians isn't?
      More like the pervasive sympathy for communism, and its lack of guilt. The communists have never expressed remorse or regret for the 20m that Stalin killed, not the probable 27m that Mao did. But everybody seems to have forgiven them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        More like the pervasive sympathy for communism, and its lack of guilt. The communists have never expressed remorse or regret for the 20m that Stalin killed, not the probable 27m that Mao did. But everybody seems to have forgiven them anyway.
        so why cant they forgive Sadam. It just not fair
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
          But Jesus made no mention to Hitler about starting a world war, bringing about the holocaust, and wiping out 20 million Russians. Hitler interpreted the Bible in his own way, just as you do Chico.

In addition, God stood by while all these things happened. God is complicit in this mass genocide, he had the power to stop it, but did nothing. God must face trial in the Hague for his war crimes.
          Indeed.

Unless he wanted to stop it, but could not. Oops, not omnipotent then.

Perhaps he was neither willing nor able. But then who is this God person anyway?

Comment

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Hang on just a minute...

I thought it was all about turning the other cheek, offering forgiveness and stuff....and now we're back on to smiting and vengeance again.

<ah....just noticed something...that's DAD speaking, not JUNIOR>

I had a long chat with a Fundie once, and he explained that basically, JUNIOR is the GOOD COP, and DAD was the BAD COP.

After Adam sinned, DAD went mental and said "That's it, I'm through with humans...I give them the Earth, the Sky, the Birds and the Bees, and Eternal Life and they **** it up. I want nothing more to do with them. <Cue Major Godlike Hissy Fit>

He then explained JUNIOR decided we weren't all THAT bad (even after the nailed to a cross affair) and when he ascended to heaven, he acts as a buffer between Humans and his DAD.

So basically, if you give your soul to JUNIOR, he "hides the stain of human sin", and then presents you to DAD for inspection. DAD gives you the once over, says "Hmmm, oh alright then, in you come", and bob's yer uncle.

Interesting spin I thought.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Sounds catholic not funde...
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X