• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Your offshore company in Panama owns the router. They rent it to your UK company for £20k per year.

As it is rented you get the full taxable allowance of £20k

You pay flat rate tax of £200 to your Offshore Company.

"Expenses" for running the company are made through the offshore ATM card.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Only if you do not exceed your Annual Investment Allowance which goes down next year to pathetic £25k
      And there you highlight an actual reason for moving to the cloud. You end up with a company whose only asset is some intellectual property providing a charged for service using cheap server space in Dublin or the USA.

The question you're left asking is where in the world do I get paypal to send the subscription payments to.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Do you think many clouds offer 10 GBE level networking (between servers, not switches) with appropriately specced boxes connected to it at a cost that is not crazy?

The tax system is certainly completely ****ed when companies get charged corp tax on buying essential machinery for business.

Comment

The tax system is certainly completely ****ed when companies get charged corp tax on buying essential machinery for business.
          Yes but don't worry because the government will support entrepreneurs by abolishing the 50% income tax band.

It clearly hasn't occurred to them that sorting out the ******* mess of bureaucracy and making it easier to become a 50% tax payer in the first place would do more to encourage entrepreneurs.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Yes but don't worry because the government will support entrepreneurs by abolishing the 50% income tax band.
            Entrepreneurs don't get reward in salary of £150k usually, it's CGT that's more important and as you say lack of general red tape to actually make business successful, to be fair I would not say it's too bad in this country, high taxes certainly far more important to deal with.

Comment

Do you think many clouds offer 10 GBE level networking (between servers, not switches) with appropriately specced boxes connected to it at a cost that is not crazy?

Welcome to the Performance, Reliability, Cost paradigm where you can choose only two.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Welcome to the Performance, Reliability, Cost paradigm where you can choose only two.
                B0ll0x.

You can choose High Performance, High Reliability and High Cost at the same time.

Comment

Considering buying replacement switch, looking at £5k minimum cost

WTF!!!!!

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    If only that was the case. Amazon is painful as you end up managing virtual servers all the time.
                    I don't know that's the case is it, with the APIs and whatnot?

Anyway, if Apple can run their system on the cloud I reckon SKA is a candidate too: Apple's iCloud runs on Microsoft and Amazon services ? The Register

Have Google got on the cloud bandwagon yet - I know they have cloudy apps but not the same thing? Seems inevitable and this is an area they would actually know something about after all.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

B0ll0x.

You can choose High Performance, High Reliability and High Cost at the same time.
                      Well done AtW. You made your first joke.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X