• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Existing MOT (valid till Sept end) & Failed new MOT ..!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Meanwhile you have a prang. Good luck getting the insurance to pay up
    Holds true whether you have an MOT or not!
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If it hasn't failed yet, then why so worried, is it a case of bangernomics?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Holds true whether you have an MOT or not!
        Yep, been there.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
          Couldn't find any hard and fast evidence (much like a lot of current uk legislation) but did find this here

thanks very much "conned tractor"............Thanks to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            What are you talking about - stop giving advice when you clearly know tulip all about the issue.
            I never mentioned anything about the validity of the MOT. I pointed out it is NOT ROADWORTHY!

An MOT failure means it will not pass an Ministry of Transport inspection and is therefore not deemed roadworthy. If for any reason they choose to check, (I'm not sure if a failure comes up on the police records immediately but if there is a serious accident they will probably check ) then unless the fault has been corrected (and possibly retested - not sure on that one, so I didn't mention it) you are committing an offence.

As I said, don't drive it to anywhere else other than home or to a booked repair. Your MOT may be valid but they get you on the roadworthy test. Invalid insurance etc.

Try reading this:

MOT Failure Question - MOT - MOT Test: All the Information You Need

So sockpuppet you need to wind your neck in and stop talking tulip.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Been there, done that.

Failed a MOT on handbrake, so booked car in for service (and to adjust handbrake)

Got rear ended in the meantime. Numpty drove into me at a roundabout. Insurance did not pay out as I had a recorded failure on my MOT.

Lesson : If you have concerns, leave the MOT until it's due for renewal. The month in advance is great if you're fairly sure it'll pass and its convenient for you (going on holiday or a busy time at renewal)
              Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

"Insurance did not pay out as I had a recorded failure on my MOT."

You should have challenged that. The other insurance would have used it as a get out of jail way. Any court would have found in your favour - most insurance companies just deny by default these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                  Hi,

My car's MOT expiry is Sept end, but if I take test now & fail MOT, can I still drive my car as normal till the end of this month or once new MOT is done, existing MOT (Valid till Sept end) will not be valid any more..??

My usual mechanic is away for a couple of weeks. So if I could pass MOT in one of the chain stores I am OK. But if it fails I want to wait till Sept last week so that I can do the repair work with my usual mechanic.

My worry is once I did the test & fail, MOT record will show as failed & I could be trouble for driving the car even though my current MOT covers till Sept end.

Please let me know.
                  You own a car old enough to require an MOT?????

Admin
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    So sockpuppet you need to wind your neck in and stop talking tulip.
                    You got me.

I'll retire that account now and will never post again, if I do then mods please ban that account without mercy.

I am so sorry.

Comment

Frig. I once drive without an MOT for three months. Then I once got tax for my vintage without having to show a MOT at all...so drove a year without an MOT.

The system is a joke. not sure what you guys get all in a huff about.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X