• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best album of the 21st century?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To hard to pick the best, but some highlights:

Florence & the Machine
    Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By the Way
    Mumford and Sons
    Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
    Kasabian
    Hot Chip - The Warning
    Goldfrapp - Supernature
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There are a lot of great albums but even as a fan I struggle to see them being played in a decade.

Foo Fighters have some awesome stuff, but most albums I listen to over and over are just before the turn of century - REM, Radiohead, Nirvana.

Bizarrely since it's not my type of music, Mumford & Sons is the one recent album I simply do not get bored of and continue to discover new nuances. But I'm sure even that will fade.

Adele's album is also pretty awesome, but for a few tracks only not the whole collection.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Killers - hot fuss
        Razorlight -
        Strokes - is this it
        Foo Fighters
        Chilli Peppers - californication
        florence and the machine -
        arctic monkeys - whatever people say I am
        libterines - up the bracket
        radiohead - kid a
        elbow - seldom seen kid
        two door cinema club
        green day - american idiot
        eminem - marshall mathers lp

tonnes more good uns, loads I've probably forgot, lot's of honorable mentions. It's been a great decade for indie/guitar music imo, as good as anything in any other decade.

It's all a matter of perspective i.m.o, some people stand still with the music from a certain period of their lives, but it's all evolving/reapearing in a different guise.

I'm almost the reverse, I think I'm addicted to new music, I find it hard to listen to old music, but every now and then I have a wee phase of checking out the old stuff and enjoying it for what it is all over again.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

"Seventh Tree" - Goldfrapp
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

"I dreamed a Dream" - Susan Boyle ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Glee ftw!
              Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Yes, Glee!!
              The entire cast and crew need to be taken out and shot for what they did to Don't Stop Believin'.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                The entire cast and crew need to be taken out and shot for what they did to Don't Stop Believin'.
                You listened to it...!

Comment

Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid
                  The Streets - Original Pirate Material

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    You listened to it...!
                    It got played to death on the radio and was unavoidable for about 6 weeks. Plus the woman who sat opposite me at last client co but one had it as the ring tone on her phone, which she frequently left on her desk when she went to meetings.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Someone nominated Kid A?!

The Bombay Bicycle Club call is good though, if it is meaning the acoustic album?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X