• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Oil is down - good!
    That's what Osbourne is thinking.....put fuel duty up so the price at the pumps stays the same and blame CO2. Win win!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      That's what Osbourne is thinking.....
      Are you thinking what he is thinking??!?

Comment

Feck me, I think I lost the equivalent of AtW's flat today.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I have not got a flat yet

Comment

I have not got a flat yet
            Sorry, I mean the amount of negative equity you'll be in, in 24 months after you've bought it.

Comment

FFS, I told you the cult of equities is dead.

Equities made sense for the baby boomer population, who by the way are dumping shares to pay for their retirement.

Why would anyone buy equities?

Madness.

The world is rushing to safety and equities are not safe and the risk premium of a dividend is not guarenteed unless you are buy preference shares.

Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Why would anyone buy equities?
                MF is just a small scale gambler and not very good one at it - does not matter what's actually being sold: equities, gold, chicken tulip - so long as rules of the game give him the impression that he can make lots of dosh with the power of his mind then he is in.

Comment

MF is just a small scale gambler and not very good one at it - does not matter what's actually being sold: equities, gold, chicken tulip - so long as rules of the game give him the impression that he can make lots of dosh with the power of his mind then he is in.
                  Just added up, dropped £5600 since the 27th September, which is annoying. But as I was up £15000 since April by the 27th September then it's acceptable. Still annoying though. But I am holding a lot of equities right this minute, so any movement down is going to cost badly. Hey ho.

Comment

Just added up, dropped £5600 since the 27th September, which is annoying. But as I was up £15000 since April by the 27th September then it's acceptable.
                    MF math: make £15k in 180 days (£83 per day), then lose £5.6k in 7 days (£800 per day), and it's acceptable ...

Comment

No wonder people never own up to making losses on CUK. MF's was a refreshing confession, but an irresistible invitation for know it all's to come out of the cupboard, both of whom are renters

Comment

Working...
                      X