• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      And Italians.
      Who doesn't? I mean what kind of cretin would sell gold at whatever the price is?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You really think they'd sell precious highly valued gold instead of printing euros that would increase value of their gold holdings?

So you call technical correction drop from 1900 to 1500 in space of what few months?!?! That's 25% off value of investment in what is supposed to be saver of money.
        Just saying some of what I'm hearing about. At the end of the day I don't really care why these things do what they do as long as they go up and down and stall/reverse at predicatble areas on the charts.

Of course I love these massive sell-offs, they're basically free money if you can catch them. But they donh't happen that often..

Sory if that upsets you
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Who doesn't? I mean what kind of cretin would sell gold at whatever the price is?
          Cretins like big investment houses and governments whose recklessness means they are bankrupt and have to sell anything of value to pay their debts.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Cretins like big investment houses and governments whose recklessness means they are bankrupt and have to sell anything of value to pay their debts.
            Wrong.

Govts can just print money.

Comment

Wrong.

Govts can just print money.
              The UK prints money at the drop of a hat and it looks as if there's more to come next week, but for some reason the ECB seems reluctant.

Comment

Long again, first time in about 3 weeks...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What is your position now MF?
                  Scores on the doors.

Lost £800 at close of play.

Platinum took a spanking.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ring a ding a ding.

Come and get some of your own. :mus ic:

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Ring a ding a ding.

Come and get some of your own. :mus ic:

You reckon gold's going to rise today?

I'm half tempted to have a punt myself, as I still have a cash balance left in bullionvault. I don't usually gamble though, so will probably just remain tempted.

Comment

Working...
                      X