• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What is your position now MF?
    Barclays UP
    Standard Life UP
    Aquarius Platinum - Flat
    Cable Wireless - Flat
    Inmarsat - Up
    Range Resources - Down

up £800 compared to Friday but RRL is beginning to drag me down.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This morning was a great place to buy gold for the brave. If only to take it back up to 1900's for a double top.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        So how will resident dirty spekulants explain sudden drop in price of gold?!?!
        There's one rumour that Germany and France are selling off their gold reserves - possibly to absorb a greek default?

Margin requirements were also hiked again causing more people to unwind their positions. Also it's more of a technical correction back to pretty much in line with where it woule be if had carried on trending slowly but surely rather than the big spike up it just crashed down from.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          There's one rumour that Germany and France are selling off their gold reserves - possibly to absorb a greek default?
          You really think they'd sell precious highly valued gold instead of printing euros that would increase value of their gold holdings?

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Also it's more of a technical correction
          So you call technical correction drop from 1900 to 1500 in space of what few months?!?! That's 25% off value of investment in what is supposed to be saver of money.

Comment

if there's any nation which knows the value of holding gold, then it's the Germans !!!

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              if there's any nation which knows the value of holding gold, then it's the Germans !!!

Milan.
              And Italians.

Comment

Everytime I see this thread I always think of
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Everytime I see this thread I always think of
                  I think of:

Comment

For MF
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                      X