• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    That (~£36,000/kg)'s higher than you sold out for (~£31,000/kg?) in early august?
    Yes.

This time I'm spreadbetting, no tax and you can set stop losses easily.

Comment

BBC News - Global stock markets down on debt fears as euro falls

Earlier, European and Asian markets fell on fears that Greece may default.
      A series of news reports that Germany may be preparing for an "orderly default" by Greece also sent the euro lower.
      Bank shares were hardest hit, with France's BNP Paribas closing down 12%.
      Other French banks also fell amid rumours of a possible downgrade of their debt and concerns about their exposure to Greece and Italy.
      "Conditions are getting very serious and everyone is worried how the issue will unfold," he added.
      The euro fell to a 10-year low against the yen, and investors poured money into German bonds in a flight to safety.
      Lots of doom, but not much movement in gold yet, apart from down, oddly enough.

Comment

Is Greece going to default? Is the Euro going to survive? France and Italy going belly up? And what about old faithfuls Portugal and Ireland? Britain too? Is there going to be another, greater, financial meltdown. Interesting.

Comment

Is Greece going to default? Is the Euro going to survive? France and Italy going belly up? And what about old faithfuls Portugal and Ireland? Britain too? Is there going to be another, greater, financial meltdown. Interesting.
          And how come there were no Greek, Euro or other doom threads today,what with the financial world running around like a headless chicken?

Comment

And how come there were no Greek, Euro or other doom threads today,what with the financial world running around like a headless chicken?
            Sorry, normal Doom thread service will resume today.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Sorry, normal Doom thread service will resume today.
              What's going on Gold's just bobbing around doing nothing much, not seen that for a while. Has the world run out of doom and non-doom?

Comment

What's going on Gold's just bobbing around doing nothing much, not seen that for a while. Has the world run out of doom and non-doom?
                Annoying isn't it. From what I can glean it's ranging due to massive USD strength, also people keep talking about this impending 'correction' down to 1700/1600 before the next leg up. The daily chart does look quite ominous, that massive spike up followed by what we're seeing now looks pretty horrible.

Fundamentally it *should* be going uip and people keep saying it will soon but that remains to be seen. I'm looking at the several thousand other instruments my broker provides and giving gold/silver a rest until they break out of the range which will probably be a significant move - whichever direction...

Ideally I'd like to short a fast and furious drop similar to what the Euro has done these last few days then get in the next upward leg to 2k and beyond. But not going to try and predict or anticipate anything, just going to trade what I see on the charts.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Meanwhile, gold creeps silently and inexorably downwards...

Though currently it's experiencing a bit of a steeper (probably short-lived) decline.

Almost as if there was good news in the air.

Comment

That's right Germany and France want Greece to stay in the Euro.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Down £1000/kg today so far and less than the price I sold out for.

Comment

Working...
                      X