• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My missus just got £1200 for a few bits of gold jewellery she had knocking about. Boomed!
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      My missus just got £1200 for a few bits of gold jewellery she had knocking about. Boomed!
      Tomorrow it would have been worth £1300

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Tomorrow it would have been worth £1300
        She's going back tomorrow with some more. Double boomed!
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

...and it just keeps going
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The price changes look erratic though, even if the trend is to infinity and beyond.

Comment

Knocking on 1800 and falling...

I went short at 1839 and 1820. had a couple at 1863 and 1850 but they got stopped out (profit) at 1850..

how low can it go before the big bounce and reload? Opinions now the Swissy and the JPY are telling safe haven investors to back off?

*Should* be going up shouldn't it...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ooh, I had noticed a big drop earlier today. Now it's almost down to where I sold my first tranche a week or two ago. Think I'll stay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  *Should* be going up shouldn't it...
                  Why?

Perhaps some new use for gold was discovered since last week?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Why?

Perhaps some new use for gold was discovered since last week?!?!
                    ]

Soon it will be the only "safe haven" the way these central banks are behaving..
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Ooh, I had noticed a big drop earlier today. Now it's almost down to where I sold my first tranche a week or two ago. Think I'll stay out.
                      I'd like to see a breach of 1800 down to about 1780/90 before closing shorts then look for some solid green candles/bars on the daily or 4 hour to go long for the next leg up.

It's broken below 1812 which is a 50% retracement of the latest move so this area is key.

Comment

Working...
                      X