• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concept II, 5km @ 21 minutes 38 seconds, max resistance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    5 23.9 today - this thread has inspired me!

Got banned from one gym because of that....
    Yeah, the 'health centre' places are a waste of space for serious training. You need somewhere more spartan with less machines (except a rowing machine) and plenty of free weights if you want to train really hardcore and be left alone by the instructors. The MMA and bodybuilders gyms might seem intimidating but generally they have a good crowd of people, you can get on with some tough training without interference and you won't be stared at for working harder than the other customers. There'll usually be some experienced people around who can advise you too. Just say no if any of the big guys start offering you pills and powders; they probably won't unless they know you and they won't mind if you turn it down as long as you keep your mouth shut.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      5 23.9 today - this thread has inspired me!

Day after tomorrow 5.03

Pump that tulip.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm feeling inspired too..... just bought one of these Concept 2 boaty thingys!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Yep, but then you'd have to get the police fit enough to chase after the little tulips!
          Police officers use to be really fit.

I use to do a circuit training class and I eventually worked out 3 of the people who came were police officers. 2 of them, one man and one woman, were in their mid to late 40s.

They dropped the requirement when some 50 year old police woman took them to a tribunal about discrimination
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ah, I can relate to this thread's figures now. I finally took note of the round numbers I use as a target when I (rarely) use the Concept 2000. I try to keep it below 2:00 minutes per 500m. I don't usually go as long as 20 minutes though.

Comment

Best time in recent weeks 21:18 for 5km.

Struggle to beat it though without feeling like throwing my innards on the floor.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                And I'm spent. If anyone else here improves upon that I salute yah.
                Use a GPS, download the data and put it on Google Earth.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                X