• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concept II, 5km @ 21 minutes 38 seconds, max resistance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    And I'm spent. If anyone else here improves upon that I salute yah.
    I think this is what you are looking for to boast - Online World Ranking from Concept2.com

Though from knowing my speed when I was fitter most people don't know of the site.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I think this is what you are looking for to boast - Online World Ranking from Concept2.com

Though from knowing my speed when I was fitter most people don't know of the site.

Boosting not my intention, when I started out I was closer to 25 min so quite chuffed.

Could crack walnuts with my thighs.

OMG!!!

Maurits Schornagel 37 Amsterdam C2TweetCrew NLD 16:21.4 IND_V I

16 minutes!!!! That's one fearsome Dutchman.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        Just did 1.5k @ 5 minutes 24.3 seconds. Was spent too, don't know how I'd fare over a longer distance.
        That's pretty good going. I managed 7.03 for 2000 metres last summer, but haven't used the rowing machine since then as I've been training outdoors; if you can get below 7 for 2000 metres and you're 35 you're very, very fit indeed.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 18 August 2011, 10:45.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          And I'm spent. If anyone else here improves upon that I salute yah.
          Whether it's an impressive time isn't the issue; it's about personal achievement. I salute anyone who pushes themselves on a Concept2 because I know from experience that they are the modern answer to mediaeval torture machines.

Comment

I have a Concept 2 at home and I challenge myself to between 7km and 8km in 30 mins.

10 years ago I used to do 500m in 1:25 and was totally fooked after it. Now just keeping it below 2:00 over any distance in an achievement

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              10 years ago I used to do 500m in 1:25 and was totally fooked after it. Now just keeping it below 2:00 over any distance in an achievement
              Try doing intervals of 500 metres flat out, then 30 seconds rest; do it 5 times, rest for a few minutes then repeat. Keep a bucket close by as you might heave your guts out. You'll find yourself lowering your 500m and 2000m time significantly within a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                That's pretty good going. I managed 7.03 for 2000 metres last summer, but haven't used the rowing machine since then as I've been training outdoors; if you can get below 7 for 2000 metres and you're 35 you're very, very fit indeed.
                >45 here but don't think I could keep it up for 2k. Feel like hurling after 1.5k every time

Comment

I once got 3.35 for 1km, after which I only just kept my stomach from a potential embarrassing food escape.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

they are the modern answer to mediaeval torture machines.
                    You've got that right. Forget cosy cable TV prison for riot/looting types - 4 weeks at army camp with concept 2 and mad instructor ought to sort em out.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                      >45 here but don't think I could keep it up for 2k. Feel like hurling after 1.5k every time
                      Probably best to stop at 1.5k then or just take it a little easier for 2k; training through the vomit barrier is really only worthwhile if you're training for high level sports competition and you have the right diet and lifestyle to recover from it, and then only once a week at the most, outside competition season along with other training sessions. It's good for scaring the hell out of the pink shirted tosspot 'instructors' at the more namby pamby luxury gyms though.

Comment

Working...
                      X